When was the last time....

GaryRB

UTC Legend
We lost a game but our keeper was MoM?
Looking forward to replaying a couple of those saves, in particular Sterling through 1 on 1.
Kicking was crap first half, but at least he took it on the chin and cheered ( waved his arms aloft) when next kick stayed in play. Having a party indeed

Looking forward to replaying a couple of those saves, in particular Sterling through 1 on 1.
Kicking was crap first half, but at least he took it on the chin and cheered ( waved his arms aloft) when next kick stayed in play. Having a party indeed
Need to see it again on MOTD but that save from Sterling who was about to go round him was breathtaking live. I was certain Sterling would score.

Reactions: DJ
That was very funny indeed. As was that moment when the South Stand chanted for him to ‘sort out’ Kevin Friend. Brilliant.

Shame about the goal but he did play very well. Whatever your view on which of our two main keepers is best, Boruc is a lot more fun ;)

Boruc is just like watching the clown car come on when you're at the circus.

You know something is going to explode or fall off, you just don't know what.

I'm warming to him now he's actually responding in a positive way to the crowd.

Heard him on Solent; he's got a Scottish accent.

Poor sod.

Need to see it again on MOTD but that save from Sterling who was about to go round him was breathtaking live. I was certain Sterling would score.

It was absolutely fantastic and just one example of why I’ve personally preferred Boruc over Begovic.

The latter would either have remained rooted to his line or would have positioned himself a few yards back and played the angles and hoped of pushing Sterling wide.

Perhaps the safer option as less of a risk of missing the ball and collecting the man for example, but most likely that would have been a goal.

With Boruc you get a blockbuster save.

He
It was absolutely fantastic and just one example of why I’ve personally preferred Boruc over Begovic.

The latter would either have remained rooted to his line or would have positioned himself a few yards back and played the angles and hoped of pushing Sterling wide.

Perhaps the safer option as less of a risk of missing the ball and collecting the man for example, but most likely that would have been a goal.

With Boruc you get a blockbuster save.
He was also incredibly brave. Didn’t he end up wiping out Ake in the act of making that save? He absolutely launched himself at the ball. Mistime that and it’s a certain pen.

;