Where's Wally?

Sweetcherrity

Star Player
Sorry - Where's Wally Ibe? Just looking through the AFCB videos - training; park run etc and there's no Ibe. Any ideas anyone?

If I were Ibe I'd want to play steady first team football all season. I'd go L1 or Championship if that's what it took to get a good run of games in and find some form.

Ibe won't drop down a league with lower wages, we're stuck with him and its our own fault for all this previous naivety paying Liverpool silly fees for bad players. Best we can hope for is Seattle buy Brad Smith, someone buys Begovic, and we loan out Mousset, gets 3 useless players off the books at least to save some money. Still alot of players were stuck with though who are waste of space and will still be on wage bill - likes of 15m Ibe, Defoe 80k pw, 20m Solanke, 10m Rico but it's a start in the right direction this Mings sale and if we sell few more and get a new GK in with a net spend of below 0 I'll be happy for once on the transfer front at least. I do feel the time is coming soon though either this window or next when we may receive a ridicoulous offer you can't turn down for one of our best players and should take it and set aside this £60m for the Stadium as we may never have the chance again seeing as the TV money is all on wages.

Need to make sure Ramsdale and Travers are sent to the right clubs on loan and are guaranteed starters. Mahoney sold to Wall? And if Harry is staying he needs to never strop again and play to his potential.

To be fair, Ibe hasn't been a failed signing. A couple seasons ago he led the team in assists (unless my memory is failing, which it might be) and has been involved in some big games.
It's true he didn't set the world aflame as some of us expected but definitely not a failure.
I just think that if I were him, I'd want to be playing all the time. He has the potential to play some great football and sitting on the bench 80% of the season isn't going to bring it out of him.

To be fair, Ibe hasn't been a failed signing. A couple seasons ago he led the team in assists (unless my memory is failing, which it might be) and has been involved in some big games.
It's true he didn't set the world aflame as some of us expected but definitely not a failure.
I just think that if I were him, I'd want to be playing all the time. He has the potential to play some great football and sitting on the bench 80% of the season isn't going to bring it out of him.
The media got word of our interest in Ibe about 4 days before he officially signed. For a minority of our fans, their egos wouldn’t allow a 20 year to take a few days to decide on his future so held a grudge against him from day 1.

Ibe certainly hasn’t been a successful signing. He’s not been a complete failure but speaking as someone who does think he offers us something slightly different, I can’t deny he has been underwhelming. We’d have expected more development in these 3 years than we’ve seen.

Ibe has about 4 assists in his entire time at the club. He’s never led any charts.

It’s been a disaster from day one unfortunately.

...if we cant sell him on, then he can stay and take up another opportunity to show us what he can do I guess....the guy gives his best when he plays and even though he may not be always up to it we have to persevere and see if time will allow us to see him reach his potential with us?

Reactions: drd
Ibe has this last season before his contrast expires here.
If we're going to sell, it'll be now. That doesn't seem to be the case? There's also been no hint about an extension.

He just needs a lot more game time - he definitely has something but he needs to develop it so it is more natural and he doesn't over think what he is doing. Surely we could get him a loan somewhere - Fulham? so that he can play and get his confidence. I haven't written him off just yet.

Ibe won't drop down a league with lower wages, we're stuck with him and its our own fault for all this previous naivety paying Liverpool silly fees for bad players. Best we can hope for is Seattle buy Brad Smith, someone buys Begovic, and we loan out Mousset, gets 3 useless players off the books at least to save some money. Still alot of players were stuck with though who are waste of space and will still be on wage bill - likes of 15m Ibe, Defoe 80k pw, 20m Solanke, 10m Rico but it's a start in the right direction this Mings sale and if we sell few more and get a new GK in with a net spend of below 0 I'll be happy for once on the transfer front at least. I do feel the time is coming soon though either this window or next when we may receive a ridicoulous offer you can't turn down for one of our best players and should take it and set aside this £60m for the Stadium as we may never have the chance again seeing as the TV money is all on wages.

Need to make sure Ramsdale and Travers are sent to the right clubs on loan and are guaranteed starters. Mahoney sold to Wall? And if Harry is staying he needs to never strop again and play to his potential.
No that's talking too much sense on here for some! Put some of the millions and millions of pounds we've got coming from tv money and player sales to look after the club for the long term.

;