Which American got the better deal?

The Glazers, they leveraged United’s assets in order to buy the club and have since raped the club…multiple times.
Never really figured out how that one works. By my calculation, I could just show up at DC and instigate a hostile takeover by saying I'm going to use the club and all its assets to buy the club. And then I could sack AI and give GON his old job back, just to keep everyone happy.

Never really figured out how that one works. By my calculation, I could just show up at DC and instigate a hostile takeover by saying I'm going to use the club and all its assets to buy the club. And then I could sack AI and give GON his old job back, just to keep everyone happy.

It's not really any different to mortgaging a house, but ultimately would be limited to the connected few to get the loan in place.

Look at the takeover of Sunderland using their parachute payments to help fund the deal.

Re boley or foley, depends on the ambition. Chelsea have potential to be the elite of Europe whereas we might sneak eighth in a rare year. Afcb is a fun project where you can make a big difference and see the results though

Only time is going to tell on this one. Chelsea have a vastly bigger fanbase than us, around the globe, so there revenue streams in all areas - apart from finishing position in the PL will be greater. They're also a more attractive TV draw, so will be on telly more often than us in the UK.
Shirt sales etc. will be light years ahead of us.

So their turnover outstrips us but, if they really spunked £1,000,000,000 on players, then they will need that turnover over 4 years to offset that huge loss.
Don't know any Chelsea supporters who have an affection/respect/interest in Boehly in the way some AFCB supporters for for Foley.

It really comes down to what each man wants from his ownership of a football club.

;