Who has played really well this year?

For me totally agree regards Begovic, Dom, Lewis, Big Cook and probably Stan.
Danjuma when fit without a doubt, Lerma most of the time, Billing an enigma but lately much better. Surridge developing fast.
A few OKs (which is fine like Mepham, Gosling, Roro etc)
Stacey and smith who is now last 2 games getting back to being smith are interchangable. Different but both very solid and quite often much better than that in terms of going forward.
My main ?? are on the left with Kelly and Rico who have both been shall I say very suspect. Zemura is waiting in the wings if they don't deliver soon!

For me totally agree regards Begovic, Dom, Lewis, Big Cook and probably Stan.
Danjuma when fit without a doubt, Lerma most of the time, Billing an enigma but lately much better. Surridge developing fast.
A few OKs (which is fine like Mepham, Gosling, Roro etc)
Stacey and smith who is now last 2 games getting back to being smith are interchangable. Different but both very solid and quite often much better than that in terms of going forward.
My main ?? are on the left with Kelly and Rico who have both been shall I say very suspect. Zemura is waiting in the wings if they don't deliver soon!
Whoops forgot Brooks who is getting back but not quite there but still influential.
King...just depends if he stays or goes.
Simpson think could surprise a few!

Whoops forgot Brooks who is getting back but not quite there but still influential.
King...just depends if he stays or goes.
Simpson think could surprise a few!
Sorry I know I am on one now but really don't understand how anyone can not appreciate what we have at this level with Steve Cook (or tbh most of the time even at PL level). Arguably the best defender in our history when you consider the level compared to others! By the way through history I was a big fan of Teale, Eddie, Ian Cox, mark News on, Franno, Mozzer, Vincent, Younger and a few others like Tommy....but who has consistently performed in our history at such a high level (apart from obviously Nathan)

Everyone who's been mentioned already, especially Begovic.

I feel I'm alone in this one but I really rate Kelly. Yes he makes the odd mistakes but I really think he is developing into a talented defender and believe he will be playing at the very highest level in future.

Asmir Begovic.....not just played well and saved us a fair times in important times in games so far....but also in his commitment to the new manager

Sorry I know I am on one now but really don't understand how anyone can not appreciate what we have at this level with Steve Cook (or tbh most of the time even at PL level). Arguably the best defender in our history when you consider the level compared to others! By the way through history I was a big fan of Teale, Eddie, Ian Cox, mark News on, Franno, Mozzer, Vincent, Younger and a few others like Tommy....but who has consistently performed in our history at such a high level (apart from obviously Nathan)
Should have quit while you were ahead. S Cook is having a good season, I agree, but to suggest our best ever goes too far. We conceded so many goals despite Nathan so often being MoM.

He can be content with his deserved place in history, and to lead us to promotion. But don't overlook why Kelly and Mepham were brought in (regardless of if they fulfill expectations), and that's because we needed an upgrade across the back line that didn't happen quickly enough due to injuries. JTs decision now is whether he will get a chance to be brave and see what a Simpson/Mepham or Kelly/Mepham partnership could become so we can plan the next 3/4 years on a solid basis.

Nathan made enough appearances, he is head and shoulders best defender while wearing our shirt. Rio is best defender to have ever worn it.

Begovic has been the biggest surprise for me. I thought his time at Bournemouth was over. But this season he has played with calm confidence, controlling our back line with real authority. We wouldn't even be in the top six without him. This one player has earned us as many points as a really top class striker would have done

Consistently over the season Begovic for me, he has won us points with top saves in tight games. Followed by Dom and Lewis, both are benefitting from a long run in the side and at a lower level have found their confidence - in the long run our relegation may do their careers considerable benefit.

Earlier in the season I would have put Rico up there, I thought he was outstanding as LCB in the first 10 or so games but has been shaky at times at left back since we have played with a back 4 more recently.

I don‘t agree with Stan, yes some important goals recently but for me over the season so far hasn’t done enough with his talent. I expected more from him particularly with how impressive he was in the last 9 games of the Prem post-lockdown, when for me he was our best attacking player.

Brooks is starting at look the classy player we know him to be, Danjuma electric in moments. Come the end of the season if they can stay clear of injuries they both should be up there for player of the season.

All observations from watching on tv, which is always harder to draw conclusions from as you miss so much of what is happening off the ball. I found out I have tickets for the Millwall game in the ballot this morning so hugely looking forward to seeing the lads in the flesh again!

..... I found out I have tickets for the Millwall game in the ballot this morning so hugely looking forward to seeing the lads in the flesh again!
What, and I havent got an email yet? Right, off to ring the TO, complain to the echo, check my account, and post on the ballot thread.

Should have quit while you were ahead. S Cook is having a good season, I agree, but to suggest our best ever goes too far. We conceded so many goals despite Nathan so often being MoM.

He can be content with his deserved place in history, and to lead us to promotion. But don't overlook why Kelly and Mepham were brought in (regardless of if they fulfill expectations), and that's because we needed an upgrade across the back line that didn't happen quickly enough due to injuries. JTs decision now is whether he will get a chance to be brave and see what a Simpson/Mepham or Kelly/Mepham partnership could become so we can plan the next 3/4 years on a solid basis.

Nathan made enough appearances, he is head and shoulders best defender while wearing our shirt. Rio is best defender to have ever worn it.
Can't disagree regards Rio and Nathan.
Do disagree regards Cookie. Consistently played well at championship and PL level for 7.5 seasons....most of the great players of the past were playing at 3rd or 2nd tier which doesn't compare.
For me the problems conceding goals in the PL was not necessarily purely a problem with the defence but mainly how we set up and specifically being overrun and outmanned in midfield. The best defenders in the world would struggle a little in our team.

Begovic and Solanke with Stan close behind. We have seen touches of what Stan can do over the seasons, but having remained injury free (touch wood etc) he's had more chance to show it this season. The first two had never shown much to be proud of until this season. The whole squad seems to have gone into turbo mode.

;