Who is your starting line up against Man Utd?

lennonhw

Trialist
Picking a starting line-up for the opening game has just got pretty tricky for Eddie (Which is never a bad thing!) Anyway here's mine, what's yours? :afcb:

Formation: 4-1-2-3

GK: Boruc
RB: Francis CB: Cook CB: Mings LB: Daniels (But possibly Brad Smith)
CDM: Lewis Cook CM: Surman CM: Arter
RW: Ibe ST: Wilson LW: King

lennonhw - 1/8/2016 21:42

Picking a starting line-up for the opening game has just got pretty tricky for Eddie (Which is never a bad thing!) Anyway here's mine, what's yours? :afcb:

Formation: 4-1-2-3

RB: Francis CB: Cook CB: Mings LB: Daniels (But possibly Brad Smith)
CDM: Lewis Cook CM: Surman CM: Arter
RW: Ibe ST: Wilson LW: King

No keeper?

I doubt Mings will make the team. Still not in contact training...

That's probably a bit of a gamble to stick someone in at centre half who hasn't played for a year and has never played that position for AFCB. If we don't get someone else in I would be amazed if it's not Franno and Cook at the back.

I will go with

Boruc
Smith - Francis - Cook - Daniels
Ibe - Surman - Arter - Pugh
King
Wilson

I do think Mings will eventually end up as a centre half. I am just really hoping we sign an experienced one :please?!:

Boruc

A. Smith, Francis, S Cook, Daniels

Ibe, Ake, Surman, L Cook, Gradel

King

Subs: Federici, B. Smith, Cargill, Gosling, Pugh, Wilson, Grabban.

(Assuming Arter is injured - Stanislas and Mings still injured)

Oh yes, sorry. Although Mings would eventually be OK I really do hope we sign an experienced centre half this summer.

---------------Boruc--------------
Smith - Francis - Cook - Daniels
---------------Aké----------------
--------Surmam - Arter--------
Ibe----------Wilson--------King

Surman and Aké just edge it over Lewis Cook for experience. I'll put Adam Smith at RB as I believe he will be fit and not convinced we'll get a CB in time or Mings will be ready.

The toughest decision is who plays left forward. I think Eddie will play Gradel but I think King deserves a start and a wide forward role will suit him. And to clarify I'm not talking about a 4-4-2 left midfield role for King like he failed with at Blackburn.

Boruc
Smith A Francis Cook S Daniels
Arter Surman Cook L
Ibe Wilson King

Running close

Smith B Ake Gradel

And then there is Mings Mousset Pugh Afobe Grabban Stanislas

Going to be one hell of a season

To save typing it... Mine is same as tinpot clubs.

I will be gutted if Gradel starts ahead of Ibe,King and Wilson in forward line as it will be a case of favouritism based on run in form and friendlies.

there is no way mings will be playing in the first game of the season. We'll be lucky to see him before October

Same as tinpot and dawson but maxi for callum

Ake hasn't played in midfield during pre season has he?

I think Cook will start ahead of him in tinpots line up (Surman sitting deep) with the possibility of Max getting in ahead of King.

-------------------Boruc----------------

Smith---- Francis---- Cook---Daniels

Ibe----- Surman---- Arter----Gradel

-------- -----King
-----------------------Wilson

Mine would also be the same as Tinpot and Neil Dawson.

There could be an argument to switch the wingers during the game too.

SlowDownDerek - 2/8/2016 01:06

I think Cook will start ahead of him in tinpots line up (Surman sitting deep) with the possibility of Max getting in ahead of King.

That was only to cover the defensive injuries though. I personally think he is earmarked for a defensive midfield spot (and that is what Chelsea want him to play too so discussions were probably had on that when he signed here).

The Alchemist - 2/8/2016 08:03

That was only to cover the defensive injuries though. I personally think he is earmarked for a defensive midfield spot (and that is what Chelsea want him to play too so discussions were probably had on that when he signed here).

Discussions would have been had, but there is no way Eddie Howe would have agreed to Ake playing in one role or another, just like he wouldn't guarantee first team football to anyone.

DJ - 2/8/2016 08:12

The Alchemist - 2/8/2016 08:03

Discussions would have been had, but there is no way Eddie Howe would have agreed to Ake playing in one role or another, just like he wouldn't guarantee first team football to anyone.

Agreed DJ but equally, Chelsea would not have let him out on loan somewhere where he was likely to primarily play in a position they didn't want him to.

;