Who would want Eddie?

I agree that if he was to ever leave, he would probably take a year out, possibly travelling the world to learn. He would then wait for a stable premier league team to come calling. West Ham or Everton makes sense. I cannot see a 'top 6' side looking at him now. Only if we were to come back stronger and they approached him off the back of a European pushing place. IF he left though, it would be on his terms and probably either at the end of this season or midway through next, if we were hovering above the drop zone. In the end, he'll come back when he is a much more completed manager and win the champions league... Then i'll wake up and we will be playing Gillingham.

I agree that if he was to ever leave, he would probably take a year out, possibly travelling the world to learn. He would then wait for a stable premier league team to come calling. West Ham or Everton makes sense. I cannot see a 'top 6' side looking at him now. Only if we were to come back stronger and they approached him off the back of a European pushing place.

I can't see any Premier League side approaching him now. His record meant that clubs should have seriously considered him for posts before, the same way Palace and Burnley did. But I think the Burnley experience made them a bit wary. And following this season I think the horse has well and truly bolted.

Harry took time out after relegation and went to West Ham. He didnt do too bad in the end

From what I recall Harry 'retired' after the accident due to ill health and was paid off. That included a clause that said AFCB got a hundred grand if Harry went on to manage another league club.

20 minutes later he's at West Ham and as far as I know we got nothing.

Not even a friendly......................................................

From what I recall Harry 'retired' after the accident due to ill health and was paid off. That included a clause that said AFCB got a hundred grand if Harry went on to manage another league club.

He "retired" 2 years after the accident after our directors gave him a rather generous golden handshake. Then screwed us out of any compensation by becoming Billy Bonds' assistant at West Ham.

Wasn't it Harry's dog that got the £100,000?

He's got something on his CV nobody would like . Goals against.
Conceding more than 60 goals every season and not doing anything about it. That's awful stats from a manager who was a defender.

I hope I am wrong , however listening to Eddies press conference this morning that sounded like a man starting to say his goodbyes.

I think he should start a dog walking business. He could earn between £10 - £50 an hour with the right customers. Must be better than footy managing?

I think he should start a dog walking business. He could earn between £10 - £50 an hour with the right customers. Must be better than footy managing?

3 million a year for hanging around the ground, picking players to play out of position. Telling players, when you get the ball pass it back or sideways. Not a bad little number.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Eddie would flop anywhere other than here. Despite all of his success he has generally always experienced a losing streak or two a season, he also takes a long time to learn from his mistakes in certain instances, he’s the kind of manager that requires time and patience but you don’t get that anymore, especially in the Prem. Genuinely think he needs us as much as we need him and it would be a massive mistake for him to walk. Also, would he really want to leave it like this? The club he professes to love could quite easily go into free fall, if he loved us as he proclaimed would he really walk away from that?

;