Why nothing from the club?

JohnHold

First Team
We are fast losing the propaganda war. Totally extreme statements are being made against Tyrone Mings, so that the average person now thinks it is definite that he set out to do GBH to Ibrahimovic. People are writing things which Mings could sue them for.

Why is no-one from the club coming out to defend Mings, to make objective statements, let alone put the other side.

On the one hand, it is virtually certain that Ibra set out to elbow Mings. On the other hand, Mings MIGHT have intended to stamp on Ibra.

Rooney can spout lies. Mourinho can challenge Mings in the tunnel. Hordes of Man U's old sweats are coming out to have their say. The FA, having let Rooney referee teh match, are hanging Mings out to dry.

Where are we? I thought on Saturday it was the wrong day for Eddie to be too sick to do the press. COME ON! Let's have some support for Tyrone.

Everyone connected with AFCB needs to get their story straight including Mings himself for this defence.

I'm not suggesting a cover up, I strongly believe Mings is not guilty. However, anything said now which, even slightly contradicts what Mings says at his hearing could count against him. And putting out Mings argument now gives even more chances for hostile media outlets to discredit it before the hearing

Why is it frequently mings and zlattan in media. So annoying. Use surnames or forenames consistently

AFCBade - 6/3/2017 20:58

Why is it frequently mings and zlattan in media. So annoying. Use surnames or forenames consistently

Good point.

In an ever so subtle way, by referring to TM as "Mings", it casts him in a negative, derogatory light. By contrast, using ZI's first name makes him sound like a friend. Subconsciously, these things have an impact.

davidwhitehead - 6/3/2017 21:03

Good point.

In an ever so subtle way, by referring to TM as "Mings", it casts him in a negative, derogatory light. By contrast, using ZI's first name makes him sound like a friend. Subconsciously, these things have an impact.

Just listen to Phil Neville - no bias there is there!!

Good point.

Or they are just easier to pronounce and spell that way round?

Zero point for any comment from the club at this stage imho.

They did the right thing in getting Tyrone to front up immediately after - nothing is gained by getting involved in the debate now.

Decide on a course of action with Tyrone and see what transpires. No comment is exactly the right course of action until any punishment is meated out. If Eddie wanted a comment broadcast there would be one.

Eddie will have plenty of questions to answer in his pre match press conference on Thursday or Friday in any case.

No need to say anything now. Tyrone did an excellent interview on TV post match. Keep the powder dry and sod the media (many are on lour side anyway).

DJ - 6/3/2017 22:06

Good point.

Or they are just easier to pronounce and spell that way round?

Granted ibra is a bit of a mouthful but when Phil Neville drones on I expect it is more deliberate

They have until 6 pm tomorrow to answer, I hope the club back Mings to say he didn't have any intent in hurting the player.

No point in getting in a public slanging match, just go through the proper channels and challenge the charge.

The most important aspects of any PR campaign are to understand (in this order):

O who are your audience; and
O what is your message.

The only people who matter right now are the panel of three ex referees who have been asked to decide if they would have sent Tyrone off for violent conduct. Making a fuss or posturing is probably not going to affect them, but if it did, Man Utd carry more weight than we do. So a quality interview with Tyrone saying any contact was accidental (the message part 1) and his clean record which speaks for itself (the message part 2) is almost certainly the way to go.

Fear not, Jeff is probably sucking up to his FA pals begging them as we speak and making a mockery of the club.

There is no way he will plead guilty to violent conduct and I honestly am not sure how three people will all be able to agree it's violent conduct either. Surely at least 1 won't be able to say for sure.

Silent AFCB - 7/3/2017 01:08

There is no way he will plead guilty to violent conduct and I honestly am not sure how three people will all be able to agree it's violent conduct either. Surely at least 1 won't be able to say for sure.

I am surprised that players aren't requested to attend in person to answer questions the panel might have.

AFCBade - 7/3/2017 07:44

I am surprised that players aren't requested to attend in person to answer questions the panel might have.

You can request a personal hearing where you can present evidence to support your case I believe.

I might be proved wrong but the decision and the punishment has already been decided. Guilty and a 6 match ban.

This will be nothing but a show trial to satisfy the process.

DevizesRed - 7/3/2017 08:47

I might be proved wrong but the decision and the punishment has already been decided. Guilty and a 6 match ban.

This will be nothing but a show trial to satisfy the process.

This ^ very sadly...

I have absolutely no confidence in the integrity of this process. The three referees have already been told their decision - it's a fecking disgrace.

;