Why us again?

Spurs 1st premiership home game under Jose “the special one” is of course against us.

It's probably happened to a few teams - If Solsjkaer gets the boot, another team will have to play them with a new manager 'bounce'.

Be nice to see a special league table of such things, like when a team has beaten another to get rid of their manager - I can remember we have got rid of Tommy Burns (3-1 v Reading), Chris Turner (0-1 at Sheff Wed) and McClaren (1-3 at Newcastle). Not bad ;)

We got rid of Mark Robins at Huddersfield before the second game of the season because they had no clue we were going to win the league!
The fans don’t want Mourinho so it must surely work in our favour not against us?

With any luck they will be trying to transition between the way Poch wanted them to play and the way Mourinho wants them to play and they will be in a nice big mess. We can only hope!!

Being one of his first games in charge against us a new manager seems to give the players and fans a boost, same with the Spurs fans I have seen interviewed.

Consensus seems to be even if they don’t like Mourinho he is what they need and his record of winning trophies.

When we saw the end of his Chelsea reign after the game against us he was already on the way and our club just gave him that extra shove.

Now Spurs are hoping it will be a new start, only time will give us the answer.

My concern would be that Kane has struggled a little so far (by his standards) for goals, yet shortly before he plays us he's banged in 4 within a few days. All be it against lesser international opposition perhaps, but his confidence will be up and his rustiness down.

it should make for a good atmosphere, for those lucky enough to be going

My concern would be that Kane has struggled a little so far (by his standards) for goals, yet shortly before he plays us he's banged in 4 within a few days. All be it against lesser international opposition perhaps, but his confidence will be up and his rustiness down.

We could have done with Callum in that game and scoring a goal.

Our players could melt in the atmosphere especially if Spurs have won their 1st game under Jose.
But if West Ham turn them over it will be a bit tense for them!
They have Man U away a few days later...now that will have a wee bit of Hype ....distraction all round in that week !
We just need to beat Wolves and go there all calm and confident..... the Pressure will dictate the outcome...one way or the other!

Never really cared about the results in these games all that much; all you want to see is the team playing to their potential, nothing you can do about the quality of the other team usually.

The fact is, this Spurs team so far this season have been soft, weak and spineless. I'd like us to go in to the game treating them as such. Just like we did to United.

Hasn't new manager bounce been debunked several times. It's that teams can only be cr*p for a certain amount of time (them up the road and the spider ticklers at the County Ground excepted) so by the time someone gets fired the team has normally been very poor so it's just a reversion to the mean

Spurs away is the one game that we've 'never' turned up for. Even our last game up at City, we played well and whilst still lost, the performance was good. Spurs... we've always been pap, as has the scoreline been more akin to cricket...

It's probably happened to a few teams - If Solsjkaer gets the boot, another team will have to play them with a new manager 'bounce'.

Be nice to see a special league table of such things, like when a team has beaten another to get rid of their manager - I can remember we have got rid of Tommy Burns (3-1 v Reading), Chris Turner (0-1 at Sheff Wed) and McClaren (1-3 at Newcastle). Not bad ;)
Ardiles was despatched to bring in the Keegan era at Newcastle

Yes and Defoe should have equalised.

Mind you the 0-5 last season was odd as we had the better chances first half but were 3-0 down at ht
That game was ridiculous. Spurs were beyond clinical; they scored goals out of almost nothing.
The "expected goals" were 2.2 for Spurs v 1.2 for us. So the actual scoreline didn't tell the story of that one.

Hasn't new manager bounce been debunked several times. It's that teams can only be cr*p for a certain amount of time (them up the road and the spider ticklers at the County Ground excepted) so by the time someone gets fired the team has normally been very poor so it's just a reversion to the mean

Not in the case of Mourinho apparently. He's been undefeated in the first four games of every job he's taken.

;