Will O’Neil keep us up?

• Yes

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 85.2%

• Total voters

NWCherries98

Fans' Favourite
I’m aware of the recent trend of posting whingey threads after matches at the moment, but I’m interested to see the simple, brutal truth regarding this question. Is he keeping us up?

100 percent no.

Has to be relieved of his duties tomorrow,or the board must accept relegation.

It's not the defeats ,it's the manner of them ,it's the same situation as Tindall,probably a great coach but clueless as a manager,not his fault.

Get him gone tomorrow,let Elphick take the Cup game,gives us 2 weeks to get a proper management team in and give them the transfer window.

Eat humble pie and give Bielsa whatever he asked for.

It's a mess.

There have been bigger turnarounds before, and who knows what impact a few new faces may have. However, if I was a player and a club came in for me I'd be tempted to watch back their last couple of matches to learn a bit more about them. Let's hope they don't do that.

Feel like he makes 1 step forwards then 2 steps back. Fixed the issue post parker with player belief and morale but shows tactical naivety too often. Today tactically better but players look bereft of confidence. I think the bottom line is we don't have time for him to be learning his trade at this level.

Not looking likely. Abject defeat to Burnley and he'll surely be on his last legs, and will need to deliver a good performance and at least a point to remain in the job?

Come on now, who voted yes? Haha
I’d say it was Royalcherry who promised to enjoy ramming the words of the O’Neil dissenters down their throats during the World Cup break. But then realised he hasn’t been here for ages so I guess is back at the Madjeski enjoying a team not managed by O’Neil banging out some wins. Can’t say I blame him!!

I’d say it was Royalcherry who promised to enjoy ramming the words of the O’Neil dissenters down their throats during the World Cup break. But then realised he hasn’t been here for ages so I guess is back at the Madjeski enjoying a team not managed by O’Neil banging out some wins. Can’t say I blame him!!

Uh oh...

Yeh, not sure Reading fans should be allowed to vote tbh.

4 points out of the last 27 - Not a chance.

Now he's trotting out the lines of 'it was never a 3-0 game' and 'if we keep performing like that we'll climb the table no problem'

We haven't scored a goal 4 games on the bounce and concede an average of about 2 every game.

BBC today...

Screenshot_2023-01-03-12-58-23-039_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic.jpg

I have changed my mind. We are gone if he stays unfortunately.
We are not even competitive now. We haven't scored in 4.
What has changed is that there are more teams than expected who could go down. We also have money to spend. Therefore we have an opportunity with the right manager.
As fans we seem to know quickly. When Eddie was appointed we could see the improvement even though the first 2 games were lost. Same as we knew Bradbury, Groves, etc were never the answer.
We need to act quickly whilst the transfer window is newly open.

We are in dreadful form results. Just as we picked up points against Everton we enter a 6 week lay off. Did us no good at all. I would suggest that Foley was advised against bringing in a new manager and to stick with GON and he went along with that. It's probably going to turn out to be a mistake and a costly one having to pay off his contract when he inevitably goes. I just can't see him keeping us up but that's not going to be totally down to him. The fact we have a championship level squad and spent no more than a bag of peanuts in the summer will be what takes us down. On the bright side we'll be competitive in the championship

I have been trying to support him but to stay up we need more from the coach and his assistants…tactically we have little attacking threat Dom is isolated and running himself into the ground….too many players just not good enough isn’t helping Gary as he has lost Neto and Tavernier two players we need back quick…trouble is time is against us now….but dropping points to Palace was unforgivable in the way we conceded to set pieces and the way we use our own set pieces is no better these are things that should be being coached much much better?

;