Will we ever play them again ?

It was fun watching them struggling to return to the top flight then we just show up, breeze through the division in a couple of years, yoink 12 points off them then leave then for dust.

I think this is where much of the dislike of us from established Championship clubs come from. They spend years toiling away. Then we come up with our Simon Francis, Mark Pugh, Harry Arter, Steve Cook etc ("never heard of em") and blow through the division in two seasons.

Thought it was a well established and accepted fact that the not so secret footie was Kitson with one or two anecdotes added from his mates.

Deserve to be mocked for their taunts and would hope we wouldn’t be so arrogant. It was embarrassing.

As for falling from the premier league into financial oblivion, don’t think many fans would have much sympathy as they have clearly taken a gamble and failed. Same with us if it all unravels - no one will shed a tear if it goes pear shaped unlike the days of L1 when it happened. We are in a great position but if we go down then need to cut cloth accordingly and not gamble the future of the club. Never want to see an administrator again at Afcb.

Used to properly hate them in the late 90’s, like most and it was a decent rivalry. Changing their nickname to ‘The Royals’ is the most pathetic thing though, poor flowers couldn’t handle a bit of biscuit piss take.

[QUOTE="

Incidentally, what exactly is it people think would happen if we went down and didn't come back up within the parachute payment period? Football is cyclical and it'll happen at some point. I suspect that will be us one day and maybe not so far into the future only, as pointed out, likely without ownership of a stadium.
.[/QUOTE]
Back around the old 3rd Div, as you say, its cyclical

I never have or will like them but we did always have some cracking games against them at the Mad Stad and I always thought their hardcore fans to the right side of the away stand gave some good banter and made it a lively atmosphere to every game as we're so close to them and you felt tension of the rivalry. It's also so easy to get too, can get there in less than an hour which makes it a bit of a Derby.

You shouldn't gloat though because we will be back down there one day and we will still be in a 11k stadium

Looking at the championship table earlier and seeing Readings slide reminded me of a conversation that I had a couple of weeks ago. Was talking to a mate who supports them and he reckons they have lost tens of millions since their relegation from the premier league. According to him their last set of accounts show that their wage bill has been at around 197 per cent of their turn over. Squandered the parachute payments and are now leeching around £ 750,000 a week. It's now gone beyond chasing the premier league to can they survive? I'm not sure if I should feel a bit smug about their situation but strangely I can't.
How can you lose that much per week? That's 10 players on 75k, a whole premier league wage bill after all this time?

Im so annoyed with myself.......after posting about Reading earlier...I went up town to buy some papers and some milk.....and came back with about 5 packets of Biscuits.....im on tablets for high cholesterol and need to cut down on biscuits and cheese!
Cheesycrunchyfrigginthings...Leibnitz....Malted Milk . Rich Tea ..Bourbons............F' king Reading ....aaaarghhh...Biscuity B'stards! Bugger bugger bugger!

Im just glad I wasnt thinking about Norwich too.....I friggin hate carrots - my missus loves the damn things....eats them raw....crunch , crunch , crunch while im listening to radio commentaries! If shes wearing yellow too I go bananas!

;