Votes: 27 30.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Play offs? I was still hoping we’d make top two

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters

james_AFCB

Star Player
The eternal optimist in me has always assumed that we’d make the play offs at a minimum, and the real question would be whether we’d make the top two. Now with the chasing pack picking up some form it seems even the play offs could be in doubt.

Barnsley are unbeaten in 5 with a game in hand - win that (at home to Derby) and they’ll be just 1 point behind us. Cardiff have won their last 5 and tbh I’d have them as favourites down at our place on Tuesday. If we lose that they’re level on points. Boro also picked up a good win yesterday and aren’t far behind.

With increasing confusion around the managerial appointment the chasing pack must be feeling increasingly confident.

So, will we make the play offs....?

The only thing we know for sure is that the teams in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th after the last game of the season will make the play offs.
The way I see it, the rest is the ups and the downs of a football league season that is to be enjoyed in part due to its unpredictability. A win last night would have had us 5 points of automatic in the table and today we might be talking about our chances of making that, which let’s be honest 10 days ago seemed almost like pie in the sky.
Too fixate too much on one scenario or another you invite the possibility of not enjoying the twists and turns..... but seeing as we can’t indulge ourselves at Dean Court .....
I predict a bumpy road with us making the play offs and, contrary to everything I just said I would have been happy with that at the start of the season ;):) :utc:

I made the point on another thread....Norwich are flying as their attacking threat of pukki buendia and cantwell are delivering while our assets of danjuma Dom and brooks are absent. Get those three firing and you don’t worry about the odd cock up from meps and Kelly

Went for yes , I think we’ll scrape 5 or 6th . .. Not that we deserve to , but we should have enough squad depth to pull out some good results late in the season .

I think we might stumble over the line

and I don't (just) mean meps scoring an own goal....

Last edited by a moderator:
You only have to look at Brentford’s form to see how patchy this division can be - it is true that anyone can beat anyone.

Pretty sure we will drop out of the top 6 sometime soon, hopefully that will be a sufficient kick up the backside to push us on again and back in again (esp with Solanke to come back!)

Yes I still think we will just about. 5th or 6th is not fulfilled potential from this squad but at least it puts us in the hat.

A few weeks ago i would have said that a half decent manager should be able to keep us in 6th........other teams are in better form behind us now though .......i know it's stating the obvious but this week his huge........lose these next 2 games and we're gone.

As we have seen in this league any team can win a game and any team can lose. Thought we played well vs QPR but lost, things didn't go our way, that's football.
If we did get promoted, do we really want to see us losing every week?

Yes. And the playoffs will be exciting, they will make up for an otherwise disappointing and tumultuous season. Also I could watch the playoffs hoping we gain promotion but at the same time not being too bothered if we don't.
A decade ago I could never have imagined myself saying that ! I guess the shine of the PL has diminished quite a bit since we were involved in it ourselves.

If we make the playoffs, whatever the final outcome, considering all that has happened, it will have been a decent season. And way better than securing 14th in the PL for example.

Think it might be like the last time Eddie left; we'll scrape into them and bow out in the semi-final.

Consequently 2021-22 will see a season of mid-table mediocrity, and 2022-23 will see us in the drop zone before sanity is restored and Eddie comes back to save us.

Stanislas...Surridge...and Solanke up front...with a free to roam ( fired up ) Brooks around the market.. is the only vibrant strike force I can see doing owt !
And that...with All the others behind the halfway line doing ' long ball '...
Other than that...can't see a way forward with this predicament we are in !

Not a chance. Sorry. I’d love to be proved wrong but it just isn’t going to happen. We might have a shot at scraping in if there were two or three games left, but we have 15 to play with a number of sides bellow us putting together good runs. I just don’t have any faith in this group whatsoever to do it. In fact I’d go as far to say that we fill finish a good few points behind sixth place. And the board (not this board) will have only themselves to blame.

If Bradbury can get us to the play offs, woody can.
I like your optimism lol but the fact is that we were second in the league when Bradbury took over and comfortably clear of sixth place, we managed to just scrape in on the final day with some very inconsistent form. To make it this time we’re actually going to have to put a winning run together. Not a chance this group has it in them.

;