Willy Gnonto

This is interesting. Gnonto was heavily linked with a move to Feyenoord early in the window. That deal eventually collapsed because our coach wasn't convinced he'd fit in the system. But because the move seemed super close for weeks, I've watched quite a bit of him.

He definitely has 'something'. He's really strong for his age, super fast and quite prolific in front of the goal. He's one of the biggest prospect strikers in European football for sure. But that's indeed what he is; a prospect. He's not PL ready, not even close. Even at his current club, FC Zurich, he is struggling to be a starter. So he definitely needs time to develop, which isn't weird as he is only 18 years old. But I'm not convinced investing in this guy at this point is the best move for Bournemouth. If you're bound to fight against relegation you want gamechangers as impact signings, not young prospects who need at least two years to become PL ready.

Why are you not convinced where are the best move for him? You’ve only got to look at our performance today to know that we are a force to be reckoned with and destined for great things.

This is interesting. Gnonto was heavily linked with a move to Feyenoord early in the window. That deal eventually collapsed because our coach wasn't convinced he'd fit in the system. But because the move seemed super close for weeks, I've watched quite a bit of him.

He definitely has 'something'. He's really strong for his age, super fast and quite prolific in front of the goal. He's one of the biggest prospect strikers in European football for sure. But that's indeed what he is; a prospect. He's not PL ready, not even close. Even at his current club, FC Zurich, he is struggling to be a starter. So he definitely needs time to develop, which isn't weird as he is only 18 years old. But I'm not convinced investing in this guy at this point is the best move for Bournemouth. If you're bound to fight against relegation you want gamechangers as impact signings, not young prospects who need at least two years to become PL ready.

You say he is one of the biggest prospects in Europe but not yet ready for the future.

This surely is the time to sign a young player like that, because when he does prove himself as time goes on the bigger clubs will be after him and we will not stand a chance.

He could be signed and then sent out on loan even back to the club he is with now to gain more experience.

Seems odd to me. 18 year old who already has several full caps for Italy, but is struggling to start for Zurich and looks likely to leave for only 5 or 7 million to Leeds... or us. Very strange.

We know Richard Hughes has strong Italian links besides his restaurant/s.

And what a factory line of Italian talent that has brought us. I mean there was the brilliant Juan Iturbe for starters then there was…..

I wonder in his restaurants if the head waiter cooks and the pot washer walks around tables recommending the Sancerre if you are having monkfish or if it’s just football clubs he can’t recruit round pegs for.

Gnonto looks massively overrated. Summerville is the young winger who looks different class for them, he was left out of their team in the cup match too.

;