Wilson Contract Extension

I don't think Wilson has proved himself since those cruciate injuries.
Am I wrong in that assumption?
If so I am sorry....but the facts are out there.

Same company paying 80K a week to Defoe until he is nearly 39.

Sad ain't I Rob!
So your saying we should let his contract run down or sell him?

I don't think Wilson has proved himself since those cruciate injuries.
Am I wrong in that assumption?
If so I am sorry....but the facts are out there.

Same company paying 80K a week to Defoe until he is nearly 39.

Sad ain't I Rob!

So should we sell him or let his contract run down?

Very pleased with this news. Always tries to do whatever is asked of him, looks like he enjoys playing football for us, After his injuries he wasn't his old self, best to give him the chance to get back up there with us. What's the value in letting go now because he didn't live up to some peoples expectations. We've got between £15 and £20 million for Afobe and Grabben this summer, we'll get enough back to cover his wages, at least, if he's sold in the 3 years : )

I really, really want to see him do well in the Prem for US, he deserves it : )

And this ladies and gents shows exactly why the people that run our finances should just eff off.

Please join me in the Surman thread;)

However I disagree in relation to Wilson. I felt he turned a corner towards the end of the season and I reckon he'll kick on. Fitness and strength is there and saw signs of that instinctive first touch returning...fingers crossed.

Please join me in the Surman thread;)

However I disagree in relation to Wilson. I felt he turned a corner towards the end of the season and I reckon he'll kick on. Fitness and strength is there and saw signs of that instinctive first touch returning...fingers crossed.
Yeah that'll help win your discussion re Surman ;-)

Hang about, suddenly Defoe is on 80k a week? that figure gets bigger and bigger every time we hear it, are you getting your numbers from NSC?

Defoes wage was widely reported at 75k at the time. A cut from the treble figure salary Sunderland were paying because we would give the extra year.

Whether or not you believe these things is down to your own interpretation. My experience on here is people believe the out going fees or salaries they are happy with. Incoming fees and large salaries get branded ‘paper talk’.

He replaced Wilshere as the four million a year salary... one in one out.

I’m ok with keeping Wilson but the dilemma is how can we play him and king together? Inthink Wilson suffers from not having a “proper” #10 and king suffers from having to play #10.

Defoes wage was widely reported at 75k at the time. A cut from the treble figure salary Sunderland were paying because we would give the extra year.

Whether or not you believe these things is down to your own interpretation. My experience on here is people believe the out going fees or salaries they are happy with. Incoming fees and large salaries get branded ‘paper talk’.

He replaced Wilshere as the four million a year salary... one in one out.
Did you edit this down from £80k Neil!?

I’m ok with keeping Wilson but the dilemma is how can we play him and king together? Inthink Wilson suffers from not having a “proper” #10 and king suffers from having to play #10.

Play Wilson as the 9 and King as an inside forward as part of a front 3. A natural wide player like Ibe or Fraser on the opposite flank would balance things nicely in our attack

Play Wilson as the 9 and King as an inside forward as part of a front 3. A natural wide player like Ibe or Fraser on the opposite flank would balance things nicely in our attack
Ibe, King and Wilson would be a formidable front 3. It seems Fraser is destined for a wing back role. Is Daniels good enough as left wing back?

;