Winter holidays abroad

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
Soon to take our 1 month winter holiday abroad, February is always the best month we feel.
Just wondering where other fans would go, No tourist spots like Miami, Tenerife, Thailand.
We chose the Algarve, decent weather 19c, Airbnb 2 bedroom apartment right next to the golf courses.
Flights, car hire and apartment 1 month £2000

Went to Costa Rica last summer. Absolutely stunning. Beautiful country with genuinely the happiest people on the planet. 2 weeks all in cheaper than Turkey at the same time of year.
A few friends have recommended Cape Verde so might have a little look at there for this year.

I went to Fiji a few years ago. Fantastic place with tons of stuff to do, and of course just gorgeous scenery. We stayed in Momi Bay, but really the whole place is great.

Barbados pre-Covid was great. Nice beaches, really nice people, great food, pretty safe. Used to get a lot of Brits down there back then.

We went to Morroco this December. Road trip from Essaouira on the coast through the Atlas mountains to the Sahara. Stunning scenery, 25 degrees in the day, some of the best driving I've ever done. Friendly people and very cheap. Some incredible hotels at very good prices. For something more relaxed you could stay on the coast for longer - we really liked Essaouira.

We didn't do the classic tourists traps of Marrakech / Fes as couldn't be bothered with the hassle. It's a beautiful country with so much to see.

We went to Morroco this December. Road trip from Essaouira on the coast through the Atlas mountains to the Sahara. Stunning scenery, 25 degrees in the day, some of the best driving I've ever done. Friendly people and very cheap. Some incredible hotels at very good prices. For something more relaxed you could stay on the coast for longer - we really liked Essaouira.

We didn't do the classic tourists traps of Marrakech / Fes as couldn't be bothered with the hassle. It's a beautiful country with so much to see.

Only drawback to Morocco is being unable to get a drink

Whats wrong with Tenerife? Off there in March.
Been there done that, too many tourists, also very expensive to rent for a month
We prefer a quieter place, the apartment we have booked is a good size, overlooking a golf course and the area is a mecca for golf , which was one of our main attractions.
Also not too hot and has a lovely coastline for cycling and walks.

Camp Bay right now next to Cape Town under the shadow of Table Mountain. Warm with strong sunshine and a white sandy beach. Almost worth missing the Forest game! Saw Mi Cape Town T20 with Jofra Archer last night and Cape Town City win the footy Friday. Rantie 4. Highly recommended break.

Camp Bay right now next to Cape Town under the shadow of Table Mountain. Warm with strong sunshine and a white sandy beach. Almost worth missing the Forest game! Saw Mi Cape Town T20 with Jofra Archer last night and Cape Town City win the footy Friday. Rantie 4. Highly recommended break.
North Sweden for me tomorrow. Not much of a Mecca for golf, not much facility for sunbathing either. But they've got reindeer and moose. Brrrrrr
Enjoy, lovely country, but prefer the summer months.

A couple of nights in a countryside pub, ideally with a fire, a good pint and a half decent bit of grub. Go out walking rain or shine within reason, come back to the fire and a book. That makes me sound about 85 years old, but it is my heaven. What can I say, I'm an old git stuck in a slightly younger git's body.

Abroad later in the year.

Wasn't a fan of Cape Town itself on my visit, but getting outside the city to the surrounding coast and countryside was absolutely stunning.

Laos.

Cheap as chips once you get there.

Weathers good outside the rainy season.
People are lovely.

Nicest country on earth.

Closer to home?

The Canary Island that nobody visits.
La Palma.

Luang Prabang and Vientiene... Great memories.

Lazy river, surrounded by beautiful scenery, floating along in a tube, with 'stations' every now and them selling beer and weed (if that's your thing). Can barely recall what I did at the weekend, but have vivid recollection of the week I spent in Laos. Felt a million miles away from home that day on the lazy river, which is what I was hoping for.

Randomly spent a few nights in this worn out 'luxury' hotel, with clear communist architecture, style etc. Then we took a boat down the Mekong to Chiang Mai iirc.

Very friendly people, seemed less edge/sense of danger compared to 'nam, Cambodia, Thailand etc. Although those places are generally fine too.

Nov-May I have no interest in leaving Dubai anymore. June-Sep I like to be out and October I can deal with. It does mean that I can only watch 1 or 2 games in August but no part of me misses shite weather.

Edit: Just to add I would leave the sun to go skiing again at some point.

;