Wolves v AFC Bournemouth - Wednesday 7.45 pm

Talking of Sean O'driscoll and his penchant for smaller players, how does the forum rate Max Aaron's.

Personally thought he looked pretty good when he first joined. Tidy, good range of passing, quick enough, not a bad defender.

But on his return since injury he has looked way off the pace.

In all his appearances for AFCB, I don't think Max Aaron's has been a part of many victories.

Is that an indictment on the player, or has he just been unfortunate.

He seems like a pretty good player when on form.

MattStevenson.......what is Aaron's win percentage when appearing in an AFCB shirt?

If you may find the time.

Talking of Sean O'driscoll and his penchant for smaller players, how does the forum rate Max Aaron's.

Personally thought he looked pretty good when he first joined. Tidy, good range of passing, quick enough, not a bad defender.

But on his return since injury he has looked way off the pace.

In all his appearances for AFCB, I don't think Max Aaron's has been a part of many victories.

Is that an indictment on the player, or has he just been unfortunate.

He seems like a pretty good player when on form.

MattStevenson.......what is Aaron's win percentage when appearing in an AFCB shirt?

If you may find the time.
He's an excellent player....just needs a run of games.

Adams needs to get fit pronto. Wtf is going on? Back spasm?
Probably best to wait till next season.

Why rush him back?

He's got over his hamstring hopefully.

No reason to risk it with a few games to go and safety assured.

Scott, Sinisterra, Tavernier and Adam's can all improve our squad with a solid preseason.

We all have our doubts about Adam's, but there's not much point pushing him this season.

Probably best to wait till next season.

Why rush him back?

He's got over his hamstring hopefully.

No reason to risk it with a few games to go and safety assured.

Scott, Sinisterra, Tavernier and Adam's can all improve our squad with a solid preseason.

We all have our doubts about Adam's, but there's not much point pushing him this season.

Probably right. Luckily we've not needed him but the recurring injuries are incredibly frustrating. He needs to be available for the vast majority of next season.

Probably right. Luckily we've not needed him but the recurring injuries are incredibly frustrating. He needs to be available for the vast majority of next season.
Hopefully he will be.

Not holding my breath.

Stanislas was a major talent, but always injured.

Fredericks in the same category.

Sinisterra seems to like an injury, as does Tavernier etc etc.

We seem to pick up the perennialy fragile, hoping they may come right, obviously getting them cheaper than if they were fit.

Seems to be the modus operandi.

Unal......
Adams
Scott
Gaetano Castravilli
Semenyo
Jackson
Fredericks
Etc

The list goes on.

It's not a sustainable model.

Injured players get released for a reason.

We shouldn't play the stick or twist game, in the hope they get back to fitness.

Maybe 1 in 3 comes right

Hopefully he will be.

Not holding my breath.

Stanislas was a major talent, but always injured.

Fredericks in the same category.

Sinisterra seems to like an injury, as does Tavernier etc etc.

We seem to pick up the perennialy fragile, hoping they may come right, obviously getting them cheaper than if they were fit.

Seems to be the modus operandi.

Unal......
Adams
Scott
Gaetano Castravilli
Semenyo
Jackson
Fredericks
Etc

The list goes on.

It's not a sustainable model.

Injured players get released for a reason.

We shouldn't play the stick or twist game, in the hope they get back to fitness.

Maybe 1 in 3 comes right

Tbf we didn't sign two of those.

As I've said before I think it's a deliberate policy and obviously one that carries significant risk. Every club is trying to find the Moneyball solution, i.e. find value where others don't see it and I think gambling on injured players is AFCBs approach.

Time will tell if it's a good one. It definitely didn't work with Fredericks, although I think he pre-dated this new approach tbf.

Edit: I wonder if there are insurance avenues that they have taken up to mitigate the risk of these things.

Quick glance...17 appearances

2 wins.
Really rate Aarons and don’t think our right back is the likely cause of a lack of wins. I haven’t checked back, but have a feeling he played most, if not all, the games during Andoni’s winless run at the beginning of the season. Think a lot of that was the players getting the hang of the new system and Andoni trying different combinations.

We did the hospitality for the Wolves home fixture for my Dad’s 80th and Aarons was the player that had to do the post-match interview in the restaurant. He looked properly gutted and on the verge of tears, which made me think he’s not just a mercenary.

Having the competition there also seems to have given Smithy a new lease of life too.

We're on our way, we're on our way. Only just made it, our Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle had it's m.o.t. this morning. We were told it's only a 45 minute job. There at 9 for 9-15. About 10-00 I was informed it needs new tyres, they had to wait for authorization before changing them. 11-00 I was told "Authorization just come through, should be ready just after 1-00" (back ground info, the Good Lady can only move at her own speed. To get to Dean Court for 1-30, we need to start getting ready at 12-30. Accessible taxis are a lottery. I was properly starting to get stressed)
Mentioned that I needed to get down to DC for 1-30 because we're off to Wolves. Couple of minutes later the manager had shifted jobs around and gone into the workshop to lend a hand. Thank you Kwik fit Christchurch, home in just enough time and at Dean Court ready for blast off : )

;