Wolves

red_house

UTC Legend
I see they are lording their situation as the second coming and comparing us to Reading.

Interestingly they haven't bettered our 9th place finish in the top division for ...wait for it

38 years...and suddenly I feel very old.

Its not really a dig at them but I'm using them as a yardstick for the tremendous things that have happened here..worth thinking about.

There has been talk of our ever growing expectations recently but compared to those muppets our fans are incredibly realistic tbf .

Neves is some player. I see Benik media comments about coming home and needing to get a deal done....that won’t please Eddie. Wolves fans at work telling me he is gradually getting his first touch back and not dropping as deep as he did in the first few games.

Best they put in a bid as soon as possible then . We don't want Benik having another emotional breakdown in the car park .

To be fair to Benik, he 'was' a good player for us, scored plenty for us, and was a part of our promotion, but something went wrong along the way...

Be that he was asked to play a different role that he was used to, and he simply couldn't adapt, or, he just got a mard on about not being regular and when his BFF left he felt like he needed an option away...

Personally I like to think it is the former of those options and for that Eddie might have to take some of the responsibility for his dip in form... We all know Eddie likes to 'coach' players and maybe he felt Benik fitted a different role other than the 6yd box poacher...

I do wish Afobe all the best in his future, it clearly isn't with us now, I just wish he'd show a modicum of respect for the club that has been and still is paying him, and got him his opportunities to play top flight football...

SteveJonesLegend - 21/3/2018 12:12

To be fair to Benik, he 'was' a good player for us, scored plenty for us, and was a part of our promotion, but something went wrong along the way...

Be that he was asked to play a different role that he was used to, and he simply couldn't adapt, or, he just got a mard on about not being regular and when his BFF left he felt like he needed an option away...

Personally I like to think it is the former of those options and for that Eddie might have to take some of the responsibility for his dip in form... We all know Eddie likes to 'coach' players and maybe he felt Benik fitted a different role other than the 6yd box poacher...

I do wish Afobe all the best in his future, it clearly isn't with us now, I just wish he'd show a modicum of respect for the club that has been and still is paying him, and got him his opportunities to play top flight football...

This. Except he joined us in our first season on the PL, and scored some important goals to help keep us up.

Jim_AFCB - 21/3/2018 12:17

This. Except he joined us in our first season on the PL, and scored some important goals to help keep us up.

I stand corrected Jim Thx :grin: I could have sworn we signed him to help us get up, but now I recall that was a certain Mr. Jones... :thumbsup:

I just wish he'd show a modicum of respect for the club that has been and still is paying him, and got him his opportunities to play top flight football...

I agree about the lack of respect but I thought Wolves were now paying his wages.

A few weeks a very arrogant Wolves supporter went on 606 and asked Savage how high will they finish in the Premier League next season. Savage told him they will be relegated!!

...Let's face it, he hasn't really taken his chance with us...but maybe, as with Glenn Murray, he will shine at his former club?

...he doesn't seem to have that 'special natural ability' that makes a Pl striker...I guess that is why he failed at Arsenal?

I wish him luck at his 'spiritual' home (sic)

;