World Cup 2030

I can’t believe I’m not more angry about this, just a shake of the head and a muttered, pathetic. Just give it to Uruguay for the centenary and the good people of South America and those that have saved up for years will still be there, football for the people, not the suits

Makes absolutely no sense with multiple countries and on top of that the multiple time zones. The travel and jet lag? It all smacks of a money grab

Nearly a 13 hour flight from Madrid to Montevideo. I would assume they'll play the matches at a time that means the players can fly in for it but stick on the Spanish time zone. Far from ideal though, hopefully we're nowhere near those first 3 matches.

Nearly a 13 hour flight from Madrid to Montevideo. I would assume they'll play the matches at a time that means the players can fly in for it but stick on the Spanish time zone. Far from ideal though, hopefully we're nowhere near those first 3 matches.
I presume the 3 South American counties will be the one’s playing in their country but obviously they and their opponents will have to travel back to Europe /Morocco .

There’s no logical way of doing it. All three teams would be in separate groups. So all three opponents would be in separate groups.

At a time when the vast majority of the world wants to be net zero and keeping the planet to 1.5c warming, FIFA show their complete disconnection with reality.

I presume the 3 South American counties will be the one’s playing in their country but obviously they and their opponents will have to travel back to Europe /Morocco .

They'll still likely have made their camp in Spain a week/10 days before the World Cup. I can't imagine they won't travel before and get used to the weather/timezone.

I'd like to see it shared between Paraguay and Chile...nice and far away !
The modern tournament has evolved into a farcical pile of crap tbf..tbh....

Engerlan' with it's ridiculous 'coming home' culture and associated overtures...ain't never gonna win it with the type of stuff they are still experimenting with....and the fans just go around making neanderthal noises, wrecking bars and polluting quiet town squares etetera. ..our glory days are in the past...and the WC is a dead duck as I see it !

That was a nice little Thursday mini- rant eh ?

Just practising for the weekend. .. The Devil only knoweth what I've got in store for yeese !

Last edited:
Given that most of their international players ply their trade in Europe they’ll almost all face a round trip.

Farcical decision. Truely bizarre!

I'm assuming they did that as perhaps turn of S American nation, but none of them have the funds needed to build stadiums and/or security concerns (the latter of which is highly likely for somewhere like Uruguay at present, perhaps both) to host tournament like the World Cup solely in their nation,

Last edited:
Apparently no South American country can afford the infrastructure for a complete tournament (unless FIFA gave rather than took), so this ticked a box for the centenary.
Morocco bolted on to Spain/Portugal bid brought in the Africa vote...

And then it will be Saudi Arabia's turn!

;