Yann Interview and Ian Bishop - Entire Interviews

SamDavis

Reserves
Following on from the excellent series of articles on Yann on this website, @Neil Dawson and others chatted to him on a video which was released last week about his spell with AFC Bournemouth. Like in @kirsikka's piece, there were a few poignant moments, including his sadness at his lack of Premier League appearances, not really having a close "friend" at AFCB, but also some happier times - including remembering "not much" about the beach parade (including footage!)

Tonight we've got Ian Bishop live at 8pm, if anyone has any questions, please leave them below and we'll include them! Neil once again will be putting the questions to him in this one - really looking forward to hearing some of the stories! Bish link below...

How did your transfer to AFCB evolve ? Did HR lock you in a room (as he did others) until you signed or it is HR folk lore.

Yann was a fascinating interview.. really intense deep thinking bloke and a bit of a loner in a good way. The bit around not playing in Prem really moving.

Looking forward to the Bish tonight. What a player he was.

Wow just sat through 2 hours with a smile on my face. Loved it . Thank you Bish and also Jeff and Neil for getting the odd word in.

For those who never saw that season one special player an automatic shoe in, as Neil said, for a best ever team.

Great evening entertainment. Sam or me will post a link on a seperate thread (probably Sam as I’m technologically inept!)

Willo naked
Leaving your car in town with the boot open after a pub crawl.
What really happenned on that trip to Portugal finally revealed!!

Great fun.

Great evening entertainment. Sam or me will post a link on a seperate thread (probably Sam as I’m technologically inept!)

Willo naked
Leaving your car in town with the boot open after a pub crawl.
What really happenned on that trip to Portugal finally revealed!!

Great fun.
The link at the top should be replayable now (hopefully!), however will pop it again below...

What a great listen that was - many thanks for getting Bish on; always remember seeing him down the Central Bars at the bottom of Richmond Hill (amongst other establishments). I like the way the show guests are given the opportunity to share their stories without being interrupted. Keep up the great work!

What a great listen that was - many thanks for getting Bish on; always remember seeing him down the Central Bars at the bottom of Richmond Hill (amongst other establishments). I like the way the show guests are given the opportunity to share their stories without being interrupted. Keep up the great work!
As I'm a little bit younger, where was this Little Peters that him, Willo and Mozzy referred to?

Bish - right up there with George Best, Frank Worthington, Tony Currie, Rodney Marsh, Stanley Bowles....the last of the rock n roll footballers !

As I'm a little bit younger, where was this Little Peters that him, Willo and Mozzy referred to?
@SamDavis it was one of a series of ventures tried underneath the round hotel near Walisdown. It’s been Liquids and Wave I think as well. As a lot of players stayed there it became the obvious place to meet. How times change... now they have the top floor of the Hilton!

Attachments

• 1461381D-9776-4940-9CB9-EE3900932215.jpeg
    1461381D-9776-4940-9CB9-EE3900932215.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 11
So...that's 3 different answers as to where Little Peter's was.....still got Paull Morrells drunken signature after he had spent a night, and probably his wages in there.

Glad to clear it up for you.

:)

Last edited:
Yes of course! I was thinking of Poet's Corner.
Both were fantastic places for a night out. Used to start off at Little Peter’s for a few looseners before gradually working our way closer towards the town centre and Badger Bars, Bar Med, Zig Zags, Madisons, the Showbar, sometimes Whiskeys which closed as late as 2am!! The Summer of ‘85 was especially good at Poets - lots of young grockles, Phyllis Nelson and Move Closer or George Michael and Careless Whisper played during the erection section - what more could an 18-year-old Bournemouth lad wish for?!?

Maybe this trip down memory lane is one for another thread!!

Both were fantastic places for a night out. Used to start off at Little Peter’s for a few looseners before gradually working our way closer towards the town centre and Badger Bars, Bar Med, Zig Zags, Madisons, the Showbar, sometimes Whiskeys which closed as late as 2am!! The Summer of ‘85 was especially good at Poets - lots of young grockles, Phyllis Nelson and Move Closer or George Michael and Careless Whisper played during the erection section - what more could an 18-year-old Bournemouth lad wish for?!?

Maybe this trip down memory lane is one for another thread!!
Madisons !
Had some naughty times in there 1992-96 :bounce:

;