Yann: This season biggest disappointment of my career

SlowDownDerek

UTC Legend
http://m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14447142.AFC_Bournemouth__Premier_League_omission_the__biggest_disappointment__of_Yann_Kermorgant_s_career/

He can come across a bit over dramatic at times but I do find Yann an interesting character. His honesty is quite refreshing too. It is a real shame it didn't work out for both him and Brett but, as others have pointed out, ultimately it was their decision to move on. Fair play to both of them for wanting to play though.

I don't think there is any need to get upset about this on Eddie's behalf. He's already made it very clear that he couldn't think more of Yann as a player and a man so he will surely be well aware of his views. It's nice to hear some honesty - I'd much rather hear this than the same old non-committal stuff you usually get from players. At the end of the day it's just a player that wants to play.

I don't see that as a slap in the face for Eddie? Just normal comments from someone who would have obviously preferred to be playing for us in the PL still.

FWIW, I think the right decision was made, I don't think he was quite up to PL level for us sadly but he should be happy that he will forever be a legend round these parts. And he DID get to play at this level.

Yann was my favourite player over the last couple of seasons along with Harry Arter . I felt his form was a bit erratic last season but kept coming up with touches of class in the run-in and felt he could do the same in the prem. However he really looked off the pace when he played this season. He could have stayed but wanted first team football and at his age that was probably right.

I think what did it for Yann was his sub appearance against Villa where he looked 5 yards slower than every other player.

Nothing controversial there at all and wouldn't say he was being dramatic. He may of had a point but gotta agree with tednphil he did look a lot slower.

He did start last season slowly,but came into his own in the latter stages.
Maybe he is just someone who takes time to get his fitness.
Would he have contributed anything less than Glenn Murray though?

Strange timing for the echo, we parted ways he said his goodbyes that is surely the end of it in regards to AFCB?

You can't blame a disrupted first half of the season during a time when you're struggling to make the step up on why you then have failed to have an impact back at the level you had shined at.

It hasn't prevented Tomlin from impressing at Bristol City...

I think Tomlin is an interesting comparison when you consider the reaction this article has got with the reaction to the comments Lee made. Both could be interpreted as criticisms of Eddie. Tomlin's comments were probably more disrespectful but in fairness they were not meant to be in the public domain. In my view both players are just frustrated about not playing so we shouldn't get too upset about their comments. Poor old Lee though seems to have become a hate figure for some of our support.

bigfatolly - 22/4/2016 23:17

A bit of a slap in the face for Howe there,that will upset a few on here....

In Eddie we trust...That's the only way for many.

And they need a kick in the nads

AlGard - 23/4/2016 20:00

Can I just clarify what this is in reference too?

The fact that Yann has scored 2 goals against Charlton so he should be playing in the Premier League?

Or that Eddie Howe shouldn't have the support of the fans?

Or just those that blindly follow Howe and don't question anything?

I just want to know if I should by a cup or not... :hihi:

DJ - 23/4/2016 20:15

Can I just clarify what this is in reference too?

The fact that Yann has scored 2 goals against Charlton so he should be playing in the Premier League?

Or that Eddie Howe shouldn't have the support of the fans?

Or just those that blindly follow Howe and don't question anything?

I just want to know if I should by a cup or not... :hihi:

Death, taxes and Al Gard turning to the blame game when the going gets tough.

The most successful manager in our history. Yeah lets give him some proper sh**

Another Yann article...

http://m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14650325.Yann_Kermorgant__I_was_not_the_future_but_I_thought_I_deserved_a_chance/

The Alchemist - 29/7/2016 08:11

A very interesting and revealing interview that.

Well it does help explain why he looked so much off the pace when he did get on against Villa. That luke warm performance then probably just compunded his position as a fringe player, rather than starter, in EH's thinking.

;