Younger

Yes, an absolutely fantastic servant. I think he really WOULD have put himself through a brick wall for our club. He was also brilliant on the overlap, I wonder how many we scored from his crosses over the years. The title 'Legend' is far too cheaply used these days, but Neil Young definitely earned that status.

Is he just holidaying or has he returned. Was in Australia sunning himself the last few years hasn't he? Glad he's been invited if he's in town, we have a lot of old boys at the club but that doesn't mean we should forget the one's who no longer are

I always wonder how well some of our former fullbacks would have done if they were here when Eddie came back. Franno, Smithy and Charlie were good league 1 players but Eddie has turned them into very good premier league players. I've said before that Wiggins and possibly Malone could possibly have made the step up had they had the benefit of Eddie's coaching as their natural skill levels were no worse than Franno, etc.

Obviously they are too old but you'd think Younger and Wazzer (pre injury) could have stepped up too.

..interesting to consider what Howe may have done to progress past players careers?

He played with Neil Young and some really decent players in his playing years with us..

Maybe he could have turned Callum Hart and Narada into brilliant full backsEribenne and Waston into prolific strikers?...okay maybe not!!!

Absolute legend let’s make sure he gets a great reception. I hear that he will make a presentation at half time.

Is he just visiting or back from Aussie for good?

Top professional. Great player. Inspirational guy.

One of my all time favourite players, always fully committed. I seem to remember it was his job to kick the ball over the bar from "that corner". Also remember him kicking a cheating Brentford player ( Steven Hunt?) up in the air at Griffen Park. I don't normally condone one of ours getting sent off like that but this was different : )

One of my all time favourite players, always fully committed. I seem to remember it was his job to kick the ball over the bar from "that corner". Also remember him kicking a cheating Brentford player ( Steven Hunt?) up in the air at Griffen Park. I don't normally condone one of ours getting sent off like that but this was different : )

I remember a pre-season unfriendly against today's opponents. Their new wonderkid Walcott had just come on as a substitute, and was showboating. Younger wasn't having any of this. Kicked him about 6 foot in the air.

My all time favourite right back at our club. Really hoping to bump into him and get a photo with my son. We have one of him holding my son when he was a few months old. Really great guy and a fantastic servant to our club.

I was pretty young when he was playing but I remember so many games were there was only a goal in it and it got to 70 mins and we're under the kosh.
He'd go in really hard on the tackle, win the ball but let the player know he was there and get a yellow card which would incense the crowd and gets the player's tail up.

This was v Brentford when they were under Martin Allen. We’d put the ball out of play for their injury. Right in front of the dug outs. Allen apparently instructed his team to not give the ball back from the throw in. It resulted in Hunt running unopposed past Younger (who was expecting the ball to be returned). So Younger decided it was fair game to take out Hunt’s ankles - absolutely no attempt to play the ball. Legend.

[QUOTE The title 'Legend' is far too cheaply used these days, but Neil Young definitely earned that status.[/QUOTE]

And then you go and use it cheaply. No disrespect to Young. A fine, uncompromising, wholehearted player but no legend

[QUOTE The title 'Legend' is far too cheaply used these days, but Neil Young definitely earned that status.

And then you go and use it cheaply. No disrespect to Young. A fine, uncompromising, wholehearted player but no legend[/QUOTE]

Fook off! Young is a legend. Top player, Top man.

I always wonder how well some of our former fullbacks would have done if they were here when Eddie came back. Franno, Smithy and Charlie were good league 1 players but Eddie has turned them into very good premier league players. I've said before that Wiggins and possibly Malone could possibly have made the step up had they had the benefit of Eddie's coaching as their natural skill levels were no worse than Franno, etc.

Obviously they are too old but you'd think Younger and Wazzer (pre injury) could have stepped up too.

Agreed...Wade Elliott would have been interesting too....and Brian Stock. Stock was arguably better than Arter was when Eddie returned from Burnley.

;