Your premier league regret

You wanted to be there? Maybe that makes sense, actually, in a way. I'm actually glad I wasn't there. How do you think our supporters would have reacted? How would the Everton fans have responded to it?

Yes, I did.

Not saying I would have enjoyed it but we were there for the good part of the journey, I wanted to see it to the end (or miraculous escape - IIRC there was a chance with the right combination of final day results we could have got away with it).

Reactions? Bitter-sweet really. Team did their part and got a first win at Everton. Couldn’t ask for more on the day (just a shame about most of the previous 30 games… )

Yes, I did.

Not saying I would have enjoyed it but we were there for the good part of the journey, I wanted to see it to the end (or miraculous escape - IIRC there was a chance with the right combination of final day results we could have got away with it).

Reactions? Bitter-sweet really. Team did their part and got a first win at Everton. Couldn’t ask for more on the day (just a shame about most of the previous 30 games… )

It would have been good to be able to show our appreciation to Eddie.

1. Ibe missing that chance to win it at Leicester in the 2nd season - I think we would have finished above Southampton
2. Never went to Burnley
3. The fake bomb match at United - our staying up party ruined by those idiots.

I think the way Eddie Howe was 'bigged up' to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Let's face it we are a small club who, through one really good season forced our way into the top division. We then tried to cement our place by throwing money at a number of players who would go on to contribute little or nothing to our cause and a couple who would shine. EH never was and is not the Messiah, he's good at player management but needed better support throughout the whole club.
Hope that I've explained myself but am having trouble due to not being well enough yet.

….Covid sending us down as I don’t believe the team would have folded so badly in our home games v Palace and Newcastle especially….also that faulty goal line tech at Villa Park!

Maybe, but all the other clubs had to deal with it too. We were truly abysmal for the 1st few games back. Miracle we were still in with a shout at the end.

I can recall many thinking the break may work in our favour, as other than a couple of better performances/results, we had been poor for months, so the reset would give us a chance to regroup.

If anyone is reliant on a bad/wrong decision over the course of the season, well, they weren't in a great place anyway.

I think the way Eddie Howe was 'bigged up' to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Let's face it we are a small club who, through one really good season forced our way into the top division. We then tried to cement our place by throwing money at a number of players who would go on to contribute little or nothing to our cause and a couple who would shine. EH never was and is not the Messiah, he's good at player management but needed better support throughout the whole club.
Hope that I've explained myself but am having trouble due to not being well enough yet.
...hope you're well on the mend.

If it's simply about assets then there are a lot of things higher up my wish list than better training facilities, all of which improve the fan experience as opposed to some marginal increase in the facilities for the players.

Agree. Obviously in an ideal world and bottomless put of money, seeing the ground and training facilities upgraded would be great.

'Swankier' training facilities may help with attracting some players I guess and retain better youth players, but in terms of real world benefit to players, it's marginal at best. I assume players currently have access to decent gym equipment, decent pitches other equipment anyway... not like they're training down the park using jumpers for goalposts or doing pullups on trees.

Would have been better to see the stadium capacity improved, even if just Ted mac stand. But as we know it's a seemingly complex subject. Particularly when you consider low rent relative to where we were.

Last edited:

;