Youth alliance cup southern final

DEADRED

First Team
Cracking game, nice football played by both sides in front of a large crowd.
Cherries had very young side out and deserved the victory coming from behind to win 2-1. Now through to the national final !

With our U18 side winning a cup final (with another to come) our U21 side can do likewise with the Hants Senior cup too this season.

Could be a successful year for the youth setup.

I think like the old FA Cup semi finals it will depend on who get's there. Would expect decent Lg2 and 1 grounds to be under consideration

Wigan won the northern semi final (beating Rochdale 6-0!).

Is the final actually played on a neutral venue? Would have thought it would have made more sense to toss a coin and play at one or other of the two home venues so at least one set of fans/proud parents don't have to travel far

Hmm, dug out the luotn news from last year and it seems it is at a home or away venue, so luck of the draw I guess

1400 there last night, according to Cows. Neat, attacking football played by both sides, in the right spirit. All our player wanted to play football on the ground, especially the back 4. The lads are very fit, kept up a high tempo all match. Well done Bady Fletch, Joe Roach looked very proud at the end : )

An entertaining evening. Well done to all involved. Quite happy to sit at Dean Court to watch the youngsters but tracking out to Canford to stand in the wind and rain sorry but no thanks.

Agree with Table our No 4, the captain, played very well and a good organiser of the team not just the defence. I liked the look of no 11 who took his goal well and later went off I assume injured. I noticed players on both sides kept on slipping, which even allowing for the weather, as the first team tend to slip over is it the non grass element of the pitch.

Well done to Nonny for the Red Army etc. an unusually higher refrain followed. All the kids, Mums and Dads and the teenagers about seemed to enjoy the game and the almost non stop buffet.

Forgot to say, the second goal was from the ol'stepover corner routine. It seems the missing ingredient was, the person shooting aims for the area between the posts and under the bar : )

enjoyable game. was very impressed by our left back, no.5 I think. our players seemed to cramp up far more than theirs. not impressed by our asst manager telling the keeper to go down when mildly injured, part of the "professional" game I know.... but annoys me. a good nite.

I noticed the ball boys knocked off after 80 minutes, the whole club is getting geared up to be " first team ready " : )

;