YWNWA

northstand pundit

First Team
After Liverpool won the Carabao Cup a few Liverpool loving colleagues posted YWNWA on various whats-app messages and also noticed it appear on Social media. " You Will Never Walk Alone" dawned on me so started to think how Liverpool have created this persona and distilled it into an acronym. Of course most opposition fans recognise the bullsh*t and would suggest something more accurate for our scurrilous but likeable scouse friends such as WWAKYW (We Will Always Knick Your Wheels) AFCB need something similar to propel us into the next phase of our advance to European glory and World Club Champions. We already have a strong contender in UTCIAD but a few other down to earth acronyms might be considered;

ATP: Always Tin Pot
NHWIT: No Hot Water In The Taps
HOOTERS: Home Of Outdated Ticketing and Enquiry Services
YWNWFS: You Will Never Walk To The Firkin Shed.

I am sure if we can adopt the right acronym soon we will be able to start texting and tweeting it as we achieve promotion this season and FA cup glory next and the whole world will know who we are and what we stand for.

Pedant alert.

YNWA (or even YWNWA) is not an acronym. HOOTERS on the other hand is.

An acronym is an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word. So, YNWA is an initialism i.e. an abbreviation consisting of initial letters pronounced separately.

Linguistic semantics aside, we also have the initialism, BOTN.

It should, of course, be BBOTN but we, the cognoscenti, understand that the B for Boscombe is silent and it becomes one of our shibboleths.

Pedant alert.

YNWA (or even YWNWA) is not an acronym. HOOTERS on the other hand is.

An acronym is an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word. So, YNWA is an initialism i.e. an abbreviation consisting of initial letters pronounced separately.

Linguistic semantics aside, we also have the initialism, BOTN.

It should, of course, be BBOTN but we, the cognoscenti, understand that the B for Boscombe is silent and it becomes one of our shibboleths.
Point taken Mr Viking. I will in future initialise my shibboleths

Forget Everything And Remember
For Everything A Reason
Forgive Everybody And Remember

( you got the fear, you got the fear) : )

;