Zaniolo Poll - Does He Come To The Cherries

Does Zaniolo Come to the Cherries

• 1. Yes

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • 2. No

Votes: 54 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted "No" because I think AFCB might pull the offer before we get to the final hours. The club may have better places to spend that money.

I'd love to see both parties swallow their pride and make a success of this rather than the way I see this panning out which is Zaniolo spending the remainder of the season completely frozen out from football after which a few more offers that he perceives as below him immerge. Meanwhile, we'll have moved on and the money will be tied up elsewhere.

In a weird way, it's nice to see it's not a uniquely English problem with players self-sabotaging.

Then go cry in the shed?

Getting all wounded because someone turned down a job offer the first time asking is pretty tinpot.

Why not just tell him the offer stands but we're not waiting and we're pursuing other options so might not be there for long?
We are tinpot......but nothing to do with that......if reports are to be believed....we fly over there to talk to him .....but he sends his agent.....no class.....Eddie Howe used to say getting a player on board was a lot more than just his playing skills....all about opinions.

We are tinpot......but nothing to do with that......if reports are to be believed....we fly over there to talk to him .....but he sends his agent.....no class.....Eddie Howe used to say getting a player on board was a lot more than just his playing skills....all about opinions.
Yet somehow Jordan Ibe ticked all the boxes.

Yet somehow Jordan Ibe ticked all the boxes.

and Rantie and Mousett and Afobe.

To be fair, while he is rich and famous he's only a 23-year-old in over his head at the moment. Yes, it is a situation of his own making but I don't think many would be keeping it classy in his shoes. There are banners around Rome, his manager freezing him out the side and slating him in the press, and fans turning up at his house.

Police called after angry Roma fans confront Zaniolo at home - Football Italia (football-italia.net)

At the end of the day sending his agent offends our pride but from his perspective, it could be a bunch of guys trying to strong-arm a signature. If he's genuinely the wrong type of person then fair enough but I wouldn't judge a person by how they react in the type of situation he's in.

Also while I like this type of ambition, we as a club need do have some responsibility for his situation.

Most if not all of them are playing for our rivals in the Premier League so are unlikely to be available. Like Danjuma.

Not a good use of the word 'magination' by myself then ?
So basically with your conclusion...and mine ;
It seems like we are up a creek without a paddle....if matey boy Zaniolo and the rest of Europe and Africa dont step on our jetplanes.

Not a good use of the word 'magination' by myself then ?
So basically with your conclusion...and mine ;
It seems like we are up a creek without a paddle....if matey boy Zaniolo and the rest of Europe and Africa dont step on our jetplanes.

I still think we have a fighting chance but recruiting talented people regardless of their nationality can only help.

;