Zeno Ibsen Rossi

Sorry Roger

Fans' Favourite
Along with several others the wonderfully named Zeno Ibsen Rossi just been awarded a professional contract and a move to the U21s from the U18s. What a name for a footballer: part Greek philosopher; part Norwegian playwright; part winner of the Golden Boot at the 1982 World Cup. Expect great things.

But if we can’t work out a song for Steve Cook what chance has ZIR got?

One Zeno Rossi, there's only one Zeno Rossi....................etc etc.
With a name like that it's bound to be true:):utc:

Along with several others the wonderfully named Zeno Ibsen Rossi just been awarded a professional contract and a move to the U21s from the U18s. What a name for a footballer: part Greek philosopher; part Norwegian playwright; part winner of the Golden Boot at the 1982 World Cup. Expect great things.

If you're looking for omens his surname also matches the colour we play in.

It would probably cost parents about 500 quid to have that name put on the back of a replica kids shirt :oops:

geno dexy's midnight runners ?

I wondered if he might be related to Stuart, though now I'm also wondered if Derek and Stuart are related. I guess @Def_II_Royalz might know better than I

edit: I also noticed just the one lefty amongst those nine, which I know is similar to the national average, but maybe we should be looking both sides, it just stood out, I notice stupid details

Could always resurrect the old back in the day classic ... We've got Zeno Zeno Rossi on the wing, on the wing etc..... Haven't heard that classic for years. Errrr is he a winger!? :grinning:
By the way, who was the last player who had that ditty sung about him?

Could always resurrect the old back in the day classic ... We've got Zeno Zeno Rossi on the wing, on the wing etc..... Haven't heard that classic for years. Errrr is he a winger!? :grinning:
By the way, who was the last player who had that ditty sung about him?
Jason Brissett?

Jason Brissett?

Jason Brissett. There was a player that divided the masses. I remember seeing him absolutely tear Wycombe apart at Adams Park once. He had about one good game in three though.

Does anyone else remember Machin bringing him on then taking him off ten minutes later? I was sat behind dugout that day and Machin has asked him to hug the touch line. He drifted in and was given a sharp reminder. Five minutes later he drifted in again and Machin exploded at him and pointed at the touch line. A few minutes later he drifted in again and Machin took him off.

I remember that game but I’m sure from goal kicks Brissett did hug the line to such an extent he was the only player on that side of the pitch. I don’t think Jimmy Glass had the accuracy to ping a ball out to the sideline and the standard thing to do at goal kicks was launch it up the middle with all the players crowding the centre circle.

I’m guessing he was doing this to spite Machin ie the one time he wasn’t supposed to hug the line he did it too such an extreme it was just ridiculous.

I couldn't stop myself from looking it up.

"Zeno as a boy's name is pronounced ZE-noh. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Zeno is "gift of Zeus"."

Sounds awesome.

Although Ibsen sounds like the plural of Ibe in another language.

His names giveth, his names taketh away.

;