2019/20 Fixtures.

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
AFC Bournemouth's Premier League fixture list for 2019/20 will be released at 9am BST on Thursday morning (13th June).

Get your diaries ready

Depending on what format is used can I just say, "1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Premier League, I'll take that" : )

Doesn’t really matter, we have to play all 19 clubs twice.
Quite right. Although I think the way in which the top 6 (x2) fixtures fall is worth some consideration.

Having too long a period without any games against them can give a false impression of your form/position. Just as having two solid months playing only the top 6 (as we had last out) can do likewise in the opposite direction, denting confidence. Which has longer lasting implications for the whole season.

If you could custom build an AFCB fixture list out of the 38 available, having those 12 top 6 games scattered here and there through the season as evenly as is possible would seem ideal/advantageous.

Quite right. Although I think the way in which the top 6 (x2) fixtures fall is worth some consideration.

Having too long a period without any games against them can give a false impression of your form/position. Just as having two solid months playing only the top 6 (as we had last out) can do likewise in the opposite direction, denting confidence. Which has longer lasting implications for the whole season.

If you could custom build an AFCB fixture list out of the 38 available, having those 12 top 6 games scattered here and there through the season as evenly as is possible would seem ideal/advantageous.

I thought we lost those games due to injuries. ;)

We had a very advantageous start last year which in the end allowed us to get through the collapse with relative ease.
Lets play the top six the first six matches, i'm sure our results would be better than they were in Nov and Dec last year. Played 6 lost 6 goals 4-20.

See I'd rather get all the hard games done by Feb/Jan and then have a spring to look forward too rather than get momentum smashed by a top 6 team every third game.

That said, I think there are good and bad times to play teams but you won't know when they are until closer the actual dates, for example
  • Spurs during their injury crisis slump vs after the new ground move last season.
  • Man Utd during the Mourinho meltdown is better than from the solskjaer bounce.
  • Fulham once the promotion adrenaline had run out but before they started to gel.
I know it's mostly because there's bugger all else to do but I find the obsessing over fixtures in the summer a bit odd.

;