4 pts behind, are we underrated?

We had one of the easiest (on paper) first 10 games and so where we are now isn’t surprising stats people but one thing that is not taken into account is the slow start we have experienced in all of our previous seasons. So with that said I think we are exceeding expectations.

Also on the flip side the momentum factor can’t be understated. If we go into the tougher part of the fixtures with a nice safety net of points and position we will play with more confidence knowing that our backs are not against the wall.

A team we would not want to be is palace who’s first set of fixtures wasn’t too difficult but they are on 7 points

The only decent team we have played so far is Chelsea. The proof of the pudding will be when we play the top five teams above us home and away! LOL!

The only decent team we have played so far is Chelsea. The proof of the pudding will be when we play the top five teams above us home and away! LOL!
The league position of the teams we’ve played this season has been 2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th,12th, 14th, 15th & 20th. That’s an average of 12th position. So obviously not the toughest start but far from easy either! LOL!

The league position of the teams we’ve played this season has been 2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th,12th, 14th, 15th & 20th. That’s an average of 12th position. So obviously not the toughest start but far from easy either! LOL!
'zactly! These are the teams that we would consider to be in the higher end of the mid-table. Leicester, Everton, Palace, Watford. Stay ahead of them and it will be a very good year. I am quite looking forward to seeing how we match up with Wolves.

I would have thought the teams (traditionally) in places 7th - 20th would have more chance of beating us, than we would have of beating the 'Top 6'. Obviously doesn't mean it won't happen, just that before we carried away let's wait till we've played the best teams in the league. This tends to be shown when they put a league table with teams spread out based on points and not league position (so based on the current table there would be one space between us and Wolves, however 4 spaces between Everton and Burnley) and there's a massive clump of teams from third\halfway down the table.
In the same vain I would say that the difference in quality between us and Huddersfield, Newcastle & Cardiff is smaller than the difference between us and City, Chelsea & Liverpool.

This is based on a gut feeling rather than any stats, be interested to know if this is right or wrong based on our past results.

*** Am delighted with how we're playing and the results we've had (just thought i'd make that clear!) ***

Not really. It's a good start but it still is early days. Look how quickly Watford fell back and we're only one win in front of them.

The form has been noted in most places but there's no cause to be too effusive just yet. Plus, with only one game against the top six so far, that will always be a caveat in the eyes of many.

If we're still in touch with the top six after our run of games against them I expect there to be a lot more coverage. However, I'm not really expecting us to be. If we can carry on looking good for a spot as best of the rest then I'll be very happy.
Think the saints game will be a good tester of our progress last season we seemed to have one very good game then an indifferent one as in beat Chelsea then lose to Huddersfield next

Too early to say, but the form looks good, winning games against our equals so far.
November, December fixtures will show how far we have advanced.
I can understand Eddie and the players being excited with how the team is performing so far.
Lets go and show them how we play. Bring it on.

We are fcuked now well done you've junxed us HittingHittingHittingHitting

....bloomin' well happy!!...don't care who we have played ...as Eddie Howe correctly states "there are no easy games in The PL"

Think on our day we can compete with Man United...Spurs...Arsenal at least...hopefully we won't go into our shells and not give them a right go !

We've gone under the radar slightly in terms of our playing style. Its rarely been mentioned, but we've actually quietly evolved from an expansive possession based team to a more compact fast counter attacking team.

So what you’re saying is that Martin Keown was right all along? :grinning:

Very likely underrated but

People (inc our supporters) say we've only played Chelsea so far BUT we have played 8 games, winning 5, so surely before the season kicked off our first target was survival, well I would think Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Fulham, Saints etc etc (that have also played 8 & got Jack) would be ecstatic to be in our position & I cannot believe their fans would be saying Oh but we've only played Chelsea!

Enjoy these great times and hopefully enjoy widening that GAP on Saturday.
:utc:

;