442 predictions

I think us and Forest have the weakest squads on paper. Fulham’s squad was on par but they’ve added better.

Our recruitment so far has been poor and we are badly exposed at CB needing a minimum of two quality additions (three if we want to play a back five).

My concern is the teams we are chasing. In our first year we had teams like Sunderland, West Brom, Swansea, Stoke, Villa I think there are a couple more I’m forgetting who all had weak squads as well as Norwich and Watford. This year you look at who was around the bottom last time and you have Leeds who have spent a fortune, Brentford who are solid, and Saints who I would use the word ‘fear’ for it it was anyone other than them. It feels like a stronger division and we aren’t the convincing force of nature we were then.

So, I’m expecting relegation and I wouldn’t criticise the team for it with their current personnel. That kind of takes the pressure off. Scott I also wouldn’t criticise if he goes for it and goes down with what he has available but I reserve the right to criticise if he sets up like he did at Fulham and sees crossing the half way line in the first 80 mins as a bonus and then throw the sink at the last 10 when you are losing. Hopefully he has learnt from his mistake.

Agree with much of this. I think we all knew we wouldn't be spending much in this window, but we got Fredericks and Rothwell done weeks ago. We are now just over 2 weeks from kick off and we desperately need another CB, LB and a back up keeper.

Agreed. I've no problems with us being favourites to go down, I'd imagine this is the case for all the promoted sides each year unless they have spent big and have plans in place (I'm thinking Wolves, and possibly Leeds). We be planning poorly if we didn't consider relegation a real possibility. It's the finishing bottom (thus, behind both Fulham and Forest) that is annoying me.
New wsc is now out. Haven’t looked at the predictions yet.

New wsc is now out. Haven’t looked at the predictions yet.

Arrgh. Still bottom with an average predicted finishing spot of 18.95. Fulham and Forest to be relegated too, with average positions of 17.42 and 17.02 respectively. So Forest to finish best of the three promoted sides.

This love-in with Forest is really grating now.

Not to be a fun sponge, but I don't think the relative strength of our squad is the main concern.

This group of players has shown repeatedly thier lack of mental strength and even the most devoted fan will admit that we'll lose far more than we win next season.

Getting tonked each week will see our side shorn of confidence. The performances will again become half-hearted and pedestrian and potentially Parker gone just after the January transfer window (obviously, so it's too late for his successor to do anything about it).

I don't expect us to stay up, in short. I'd love to be wrong but I don't have anything like the confidence I had the first time around.

I thought the last 6 games or so they showed a good mental strength, at the most important time.
Also the they must have done something right both physically and mentally to be in the position they were with 6 games to go.

Well the AFCB fans who have given their insight to skybet are very optimistic.

The average finishing position from those polled is 12th with 23% believing we have a realistic chance of winning a trophy.

53% happy with our recruitment so far this summer and the position they want to see a signing in is…striker.

https://m.skybet.com/newseason?DCMP...ZyrBw9mJBvbieCzf2TMjN8KhzJy0kLz0GDnN605autYKU

Sky bets predictions were somewhat less upbeat…

View attachment 8271
Stunned fans are happy with recruitment so far but guess it depends when the survey was carried out.

Need 3 signings of which 2 at centre back - the latter is surely the key position

Agree with much of this. I think we all knew we wouldn't be spending much in this window, but we got Fredericks and Rothwell done weeks ago. We are now just over 2 weeks from kick off and we desperately need another CB, LB and a back up keeper.

I still think we have three more coming in: centre back, goalie and Tavernier. Maybe even a fourth.

AFCB to finish bottom! That's all a complete load of ballcocks. With our support this amazing bunch of lads we know as AFCB will comfortably finish top six. 'Darling where did you get those tablets I took last night, I think it said Bob Martin on the box. Now where did I leave my bone?

;