5th or 6th is still possible

I accept that Steve Cook is too quiet a captain and needs to get into players heads to gee them up. However I can't see that happening, he is a decent defender but I always worry that he's building up towards a mistake and that this takes away his leadership qualities. Who else could do the job? Difficult one.

I accept that Steve Cook is too quiet a captain and needs to get into players heads to gee them up. However I can't see that happening, he is a decent defender but I always worry that he's building up towards a mistake and that this takes away his leadership qualities. Who else could do the job? Difficult one.

I don't think we could take the captaincy from Cook without causing irreparable damage. But if he was injured I'd be happy if Pearson was the captain. I like the way he plays.

So ' Internationals'. with over 170 appearances need to have a manager better than EH, JT and JW...in order to bring their 'superior ' skills from Bournemouth Forum Hype onto the field of play...and prove themselves better than Norwich,Swansea,Brentford, Watford,Reading and now Barnsley...the Barnsley who have ' No Right'..to be above us..but beat us in our own Post- Code area.
No Right to be above us..was how one of the Elite termed it...No Right ? I assume that is because they haven't 1 player who has the skill match of his counterpart in our Crack Bournemouth side.
Jesus Christ... we really are ' something else' on this Forum...its f√cking embarrassing.
I laughed at my Swansea fan daughter last night...when she said she expects her Swans to be ' turned inside out by a team of Boscombes 'calibre' tomorrow...I wonder what she has read ! Haha!
You asked a question

You got an answer. Facts, and a reason why, PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SEASON, it could be argued we had the best squad

No need to be a twat in response

I'm amazed that someone who had been, presumably, watching football for decades, can't get their head around the idea.

So ' Internationals'. with over 170 appearances need to have a manager better than EH, JT and JW...in order to bring their 'superior ' skills from Bournemouth Forum Hype onto the field of play...and prove themselves better than Norwich,Swansea,Brentford, Watford,Reading and now Barnsley...the Barnsley who have ' No Right'..to be above us..but beat us in our own Post- Code area.
No Right to be above us..was how one of the Elite termed it...No Right ? I assume that is because they haven't 1 player who has the skill match of his counterpart in our Crack Bournemouth side.
Jesus Christ... we really are ' something else' on this Forum...its f√cking embarrassing.
I laughed at my Swansea fan daughter last night...when she said she expects her Swans to be ' turned inside out by a team of Boscombes 'calibre' tomorrow...I wonder what she has read ! Haha!
So who was this 'Elite' who said that Barnsley had no right to be above us?.........or did you just make it up?

I feel that AFCB has some 'top athletes' but they're frequently not playing as a team. So many times the co-ordination breaks down and we concede goals. We got back against Barnsley and then threw it away. Loss of concentration seems to affect the whole team at times. I don't watch streams but have Sky Sports News on and dread seeing our opponents score and am never confident we'll get back in the lead anymore.

So who was this 'Elite' who said that Barnsley had no right to be above us?.........or did you just make it up?

There were several references of that state of mind from several posters .
The inferences are there across quite a few posts if you bother to take it all in...rather than fixating on just my 'outrageous' rantings..it happens when we play certain clubs...like Barnsley, Rotherham, Coventry from that area of the table , or as it was earlier in the season etc.
The same posters big up Brentford ...pull Watford and Reading down...ignore the achievements of Norwich and Swansea...
We are not that special ...I'm just throwing the truth angles at it....studying the posts...getting the rhythms and tones.
Occasionally I might get the wrong end of someones stick....but generally im seeing a Forum that has been 'affected' by the period in the PL...and some posters have developed a 'Manu' style 'divine right' attitude.....

Last edited:
Well....let's see how it all pans out...the results...who stays...who leaves...where the club heads...and then judge who was right or wrong...or who were the village idiots! :LOL:

The inferences are there across quite a few posts if you bother to take it all in...rather than fixating on just my 'outrageous' rantings..it happens when we play certain clubs...like Barnsley, Rotherham, Coventry from that area of the table , or as it was earlier in the season etc.
The same posters big up Brentford ...pull Watford and Reading down...ignore the achievements of Norwich and Swansea...
We are not that special ...I'm just throwing the truth angles at it....studying the posts...getting the rhythms and tones.
Occasionally I might get the wrong end of someones stick....but generally im seeing a Forum that has been 'affected' by the period in the PL...and some posters have developed a 'Manu' style 'divine right' attitude.....
You just dont seem to grasp it Brian......at the start of the season, and in fact now ,whether you like it or not we had /have one of the best squad of players in the Championship....the cost of the squad compared to others was PL ....we all know that they are not playing as a team, but more as individuals..........we have no God given right to be running away with the league, but as fans we expected better, nothing to do with being Billy big balls....3 different managers trying /tried to get this group performing...but as yet only happened in fits and starts.....still hoping we go on a 10 game winning streak......but not holding my breath

Not sure anyone has belittled other clubs, we've been the minnow for most of our existence, what everyone is down about, is the lack of performance from players we know can do so much better. Whether that's formation, tactics, the manager or just players not giving a toss, who knows. I suspect its a bit of all of these

You just dont seem to grasp it Brian......at the start of the season, and in fact now ,whether you like it or not we had /have one of the best squad of players in the Championship....the cost of the squad compared to others was PL ....we all know that they are not playing as a team, but more as individuals..........we have no God given right to be running away with the league, but as fans we expected better, nothing to do with being Billy big balls....3 different managers trying /tried to get this group performing...but as yet only happened in fits and starts.....still hoping we go on a 10 game winning streak......but not holding my breath
With you on 99% of your post.....but " the cost of the squad compared to others was PL "...is absolutely of no relevance whatsoever...the science isnt exact enough for that.

I will be sat tonight primed and positive at kick -off...any Cherries victory at any time is a good on my history....and Saturday ?...well that's on its own planet !

So it wasn't said by anybody then.....yep thought so.

Personally I'm torn. I always want AFCB to be successful, and am grateful for the time we had in the PL, never thought I would see it in my lifetime, especially growing up watching Benson's teams. But on the other hand part from the odd game and result, and some good trips, I hated being in the PL. I just don't feel we belong there. And as talented as some of our players are, the truth is they are a poor team. What I see is a lot of players going through the motions and not caring, so as far as I'm concerned they can **************** off at the earliest opportunity.

;