5th or 6th is still possible

Personally I'm torn. I always want AFCB to be successful, and am grateful for the time we had in the PL, never thought I would see it in my lifetime, especially growing up watching Benson's teams. But on the other hand part from the odd game and result, and some good trips, I hated being in the PL. I just don't feel we belong there. And as talented as some of our players are, the truth is they are a poor team. What I see is a lot of players going through the motions and not caring, so as far as I'm concerned they can **************** off at the earliest opportunity.
I know what you mean, but I can't see what there is to hate about playing the best teams we can.

There were several references of that state of mind from several posters .
The inferences are there across quite a few posts if you bother to take it all in...rather than fixating on just my 'outrageous' rantings..it happens when we play certain clubs...like Barnsley, Rotherham, Coventry from that area of the table , or as it was earlier in the season etc.
The same posters big up Brentford ...pull Watford and Reading down...ignore the achievements of Norwich and Swansea...
We are not that special ...I'm just throwing the truth angles at it....studying the posts...getting the rhythms and tones.
Occasionally I might get the wrong end of someones stick....but generally im seeing a Forum that has been 'affected' by the period in the PL...and some posters have developed a 'Manu' style 'divine right' attitude.....

Why shouldn't we big up Brentford? They're a club historically of our size growing from being well managed.

Attitudes towards Reading and Watford are probably influenced by past and recent rivalries, it doesn't take "elite" intelligence to understand that.

Swansea have gone largely under most people's radar but have the form to beat Brentford to the automatics.

Norwich is an interesting one. It's been suggested "why do we want to get promoted if we're to become the next Sheffield United?". I'd argue so that we could become the next Norwich. Go up save the cash and come down stronger and richer.

I think a lot of perceived arrogance is based in the following:
1. Knowledge the club is in the most debit it's had in it's football league history, it's very much do or die.
2. The players are ones that have held their own at EPL level or were stand out performers at this level.
3. The board set expectations of automatic promotion.

You say that we aren't anyone special yet and we should respect Barnsley yet you suggested poaching their manager not so long ago which in both shows you being guilty of arrogance and belittling our rivals.

...Imagine what Tommy Heff or Tony Pulis would have felt playing with these prima donnas?
Never mind headingcricket balls - Heff would have thrown a few at the other players .

And that changing room door would have been bumped into by most of the players with Tony in the side ...

I totally agree with all of the above and really just want to see a squad of players who really want to wear the shirt. My question is though, does every body feel that the PL is where we should be and where we belong..? It is good to dream but would you not swap that for seeing us competing in a very competitive Championship every season and watching home grown talent feed through the club and help fund our future?

So it wasn't said by anybody then.....yep thought so.
Why shouldn't we big up Brentford? They're a club historically of our size growing from being well managed.

Attitudes towards Reading and Watford are probably influenced by past and recent rivalries, it doesn't take "elite" intelligence to understand that.

Swansea have gone largely under most people's radar but have the form to beat Brentford to the automatics.

Norwich is an interesting one. It's been suggested "why do we want to get promoted if we're to become the next Sheffield United?". I'd argue so that we could become the next Norwich. Go up save the cash and come down stronger and richer.

I think a lot of perceived arrogance is based in the following:
1. Knowledge the club is in the most debit it's had in it's football league history, it's very much do or die.
2. The players are ones that have held their own at EPL level or were stand out performers at this level.
3. The board set expectations of automatic promotion.

You say that we aren't anyone special yet and we should respect Barnsley yet you suggested poaching their manager not so long ago which in both shows you being guilty of arrogance and belittling our rivals.
Be like Norwich ..and come down ' Richer '
Money ! Great...we really know how to handle that stuff don't we ? :unsure:
Basically I just say what I say without filters so if you like picking my posts apart .fill your boots...its only a Forum !
When it comes to arrogance....I can go head to head with anyone !

Last edited:
enough of the belief, let the players give out some beef and be consistent . If we can sneak into the playoffs on form that would be lovely we don't have anything to lose anymore.

;