91.5m v 2.5m

I know Neil personally and he is one of the biggest AFCB fans around. He is also very intelligent and says what he thinks. I don’t always agree with everything but some people on here just seem to revel in being nasty and calling him out on everything he says. I look forward to whoever takes over the match reports doing as good a job. I would like Neil to return and would just say to him take no notice of some of the idiots on here.

It goes with the territory unfortunately.

Neil has been doing match reports for years, and he has done a very good job of it.

To watch a game and to be able to develop a match report in a short space of time is a skill most of us don't really have.

He's been pretty accurate in his surmising over that time

But, when you put your head above the parapet, it's easy for others to snipe from the sidelines.

That's why I don't generally comment on Match reports.

We has been shyte for ages in the PL and I think Neil saw the reasons why, or at least offered an alternative.

Come back Neil.

Do you know what. I’m done with this. I give up. It’s really tiring and depressing when every post is pounced on and the same people hunt you down. People you’ve never had a row with calling you a dickhead. It’s clearly me. I’m out of sync. Not a nice place to be. I will pop back next year and see how you all are I’m going to take a break.

I simply meant that it’s amazing how far we have come compared to when we were like Coventry entering this division. If I can’t say that without becoming the board cockwomble it’s just not worth it. Enjoy the season... it’s shaping up nicely.

Always enjoy your match reports Neil. Mostly agree with them. Doesn’t matter whether I agree or not.

There is a fine line between discussion and disagreement and sniping and abuse. No need for the latter.

Your point about the quality of this squad was well made. Seems others agree. Again, doesn’t matter if people agree or not.

Enjoy your break and look forward to your return.

Squad depth is a massive issue. 18 games in November and December.

This.

When we come back from International break, we play Sat/Tues/Sat/Tues for 4 straight weeks.
It's going to be intense, and we will need a lot of luck with injuries if we are to properly challenge this season - but all 24 clubs in this League are in the same boat.

I was fine with JT being appointed, given the very short close season and the need to keep continuity and hit the ground running. Delighted with our start both play-wise and results wise.. defensively we look a lot better considering we are adapting to a different system as we go.

I agree with the general comments that we should be playing the ball, not the man during discussions on here.
Resorting to sweary name calling is out of order, and while I am at it, how I absolutely hate the "betwetters" term.

Always enjoy your match reports Neil. Mostly agree with them. Doesn’t matter whether I agree or not.

There is a fine line between discussion and disagreement and sniping and abuse. No need for the latter.

Your point about the quality of this squad was well made. Seems others agree. Again, doesn’t matter if people agree or not.

Enjoy your break and look forward to your return.

Whatever Cnut.

(JOKES)

Come back Neil, this place just won't be the same without you !

I always enjoy your match reports, they are miles better than anything you can find in the national press. Always meticulously-written, they are a pleasure to read.

And I love the spats you get into as well (glad I've never had to face up to you in a verbal spar !). C'mon, someone as brilliantly articulate as you has nothing to fear from a few name-callers, you're better than that.

Neil's part of the furniture on here. We've all been bickering away at each for well over a decade, there's often been banter/ humour but there's always been a line and I'd have no problem buying the guy a pint. The issue I've noticed is there's been a gradual increase in cynicism in various quarters including from Neil, which I'm sure he won't mind me saying. People react to Neils posts, Neil reacts and then we have a spiral of negativity as demonstrated on this thread.

Taken in isolation the thread title would ordinarily seem pretty innocuous. However because many of us actively read Neils posts, we've seen the so called monetary value of the squad used recently as some kind of leverage over JT which is understandable but isn't that straightforward. Take the proceeding posts, history and author away and its actually a thread that would get a few comments and just slide away. Perhaps Neil should be proud that he holds sway over the forum when it comes to some of his views.

So when people react ( including me ) its not just a reaction to the thread content, its the months of 'discussion' that's come before it . Lets be brutally honest to start a thread on the value of the squad four minutes before KO on a Friday night was a bit of a fishing trip from Neil and deep down he probably knows it :hmmm:. I mention Friday because perhaps a few people were on the ale and suddenly that keyboard is banging out stuff that wouldn't happen on a Monday morning. There are plenty of long standing and usually quite sensible posters who reacted but it wasn't a one off. People can only react to what they read and it's not pretty reading at the moment from several quarters and its been kind of building with the 'Evangelicals' / 'famous four' / 'Your Jason' stuff thrown back. As they say it takes two to tango.

I was going to ask a cheeky question last week but didn't because it's all getting a bit tetchy. Was the Neil who wrote the Norwich match report (lauding the defensive display and the early season result ) the same Neil who then went and ripped into the performance on the very same thread ? The Everton match report was excellent and as a forum we all acknowledged it but then subsequent posts seemed to contradict it. Perhaps I'm missing something or guilty of taking certain posts a little to literally, probably the latter. One thing for sure is that I read Neils posts and he knows how to command an audience, good or bad.

Good posters have come and gone over the years and many of us have a love / hate relationship with the place. No post or poster is immune to criticism but quite often its best to do a 'system reset' and come back with a clear head. That can be days, weeks or months. Hopefully Neil will have a rethink and pop back soon.

Neil's part of the furniture on here. We've all been bickering away at each for well over a decade, there's often been banter/ humour but there's always been a line and I'd have no problem buying the guy a pint. The issue I've noticed is there's been a gradual increase in cynicism in various quarters including from Neil, which I'm sure he won't mind me saying. People react to Neils posts, Neil reacts and then we have a spiral of negativity as demonstrated on this thread.

Taken in isolation the thread title would ordinarily seem pretty innocuous. However because many of us actively read Neils posts, we've seen the so called monetary value of the squad used recently as some kind of leverage over JT which is understandable but isn't that straightforward. Take the proceeding posts, history and author away and its actually a thread that would get a few comments and just slide away. Perhaps Neil should be proud that he holds sway over the forum when it comes to some of his views.

So when people react ( including me ) its not just a reaction to the thread content, its the months of 'discussion' that's come before it . Lets be brutally honest to start a thread on the value of the squad four minutes before KO on a Friday night was a bit of a fishing trip from Neil and deep down he probably knows it :hmmm:. I mention Friday because perhaps a few people were on the ale and suddenly that keyboard is banging out stuff that wouldn't happen on a Monday morning. There are plenty of long standing and usually quite sensible posters who reacted but it wasn't a one off. People can only react to what they read and it's not pretty reading at the moment from several quarters and its been kind of building with the 'Evangelicals' / 'famous four' / 'Your Jason' stuff thrown back. As they say it takes two to tango.

I was going to ask a cheeky question last week but didn't because it's all getting a bit tetchy. Was the Neil who wrote the Norwich match report (lauding the defensive display and the early season result ) the same Neil who then went and ripped into the performance on the very same thread ? The Everton match report was excellent and as a forum we all acknowledged it but then subsequent posts seemed to contradict it. Perhaps I'm missing something or guilty of taking certain posts a little to literally, probably the latter. One thing for sure is that I read Neils posts and he knows how to command an audience, good or bad.

Good posters have come and gone over the years and many of us have a love / hate relationship with the place. No post or poster is immune to criticism but quite often its best to do a 'system reset' and come back with a clear head. That can be days, weeks or months. Hopefully Neil will have a rethink and pop back soon.
You should work with Jehovahs Witnesses.

I gave up after the third sentence.

But I will build a boat for the impending armageddon

Summed it up perfectly RH.

I write the odd match report on here and know how difficult it can be. Neil makes it look easy and we are thankful for that. His reports are excellent.

The discussions we've all been part of are different and we all have our different viewpoint.

Neil has had his viewpoint and some, including us evangelicals happen to disagree. That is all as far as I'm concerned. I try not to get personal with anyone, and try not to come on here after beer! I even managed to pee redhouse off many years ago, a guy i have the utmost respect for and agree with most of his posts. It was my fault, I had only had the 10 pints.
I respect Neil the same, I just happen to disagree with his take on the club at the moment and will say so.

There appears to have been a proliferation of snowflakes on this forum in recent times, coinciding in part with some of the JCL's that jumped on the PL bandwagon while others seemingly don't get that this is a forum and therefore replicates the views, opinions and general badinage that you would hear down the pub or in the ground.

Reality is this forum (and RednBlack before it) has been the same for years and in comparison with many others is actually fairly innocuous, almost all it is just banter which can sometimes go a bit over the top. For those of you who have such a gentle disposition just go visit and post, for example, on the Millwall forum for a bit of reality and a wake-up call.

Last edited:

;