A little Friday night debate.

AlGard

UTC Legend
Remember early October?
AFCB. 10 games, 20 points.
Newcastle on next to zip.

They currently now sit above us in the table (Live game in progress)

I still think next season will be our last in the PL.

I really hope the last few games we can turn it round.
Don't need to carry this woeful form in to next season.

You always were a doom and gloom merchant but I genuinely can’t see where our next points are going to come from. I’m expecting the worst before every game now and I’m just praying that Cardiff keep on losing.

You always were a doom and gloom merchant but I genuinely can’t see where our next points are going to come from. I’m expecting the worst before every game now and I’m just praying that Cardiff keep on losing.

Never doom and gloom.

Always say as it is.

This season there was a very definite change in tactics and I think the summer will bring a reset to that which would mean a very different team next season, even if many of the personnel are the same.

Eddie has said before how he uses the summer to rethink and consider different options for the season ahead. The one that sticks out is the decision after the first season in the Championship to deal with our leaky defence by going even more attacking.

I don't expect us to approach things the same way next season and think we'll get the results we'll need for 8th in the table for 2019/20.

I don't think we'll be involved in the relegation battle at all, except possibly in the first third of the season when the table can give a funny picture.

How's that for happy clapping?

Last edited:
Never sure how predictions can be made before summer transfer business is complete. Ive gone into every premier league season expecting to be relegated, and remain in the "everything else is s bonus" camp.
That doesn't mean I'm happy watching us lose content to be 17th, and awaydays have been painful, but still enjoying competing at this level.
Not sure why we should drop from mid table to relgation fodder right now, but if others progress and we don't, agree we could be in bother

As I’ve said numerous times until you know players who have stayed or come in or seen who’s come up and what other clubs have done you can’t judge it. Who would have thought Wolves could make so many changes to their side and finish in the top half, Fulham do the same and struggle all season.

Call it in August not April.

This season there was a very definite change in tactics and I think the summer will bring a reset to that which would mean a very different team next season, even if many of the personnel are the same.

Eddie has said before how he uses the summer to rethink and consider different options for the season ahead. The one that sticks out is the decision after the first season in the Championship to deal with our leaky defence by going even more attacking.

I don't expect us to approach things the same way next season and think we'll get the results we'll need for 8th in the table for 2019/20.

I don't think we'll be involved in the relegation battle at all, except possibly in the first third of the season when the table can give a funny picture.

How's that for happy clapping?

Do Eddies summers last 12 months of the year ?

I see where you are coming from Al. By the nature of the league it isn't really 3 from 14 more like 8. That is our mini league. Realistic ambition any year in the Premiership finish 17th is success. 1 year, for whatever reason, it could be AFCB as it has been for all those clubs in the Championship that have been in the Premiership and it still could be us this year.

We are living the dream every year is a bonus. Enjoy it while we can but we have a jolly good moan in the meantime. If AFCB do go down the bulk of us that have been on board on the journey will still be around the rest will fade away until a big cup game.

The legacy namely training ground or stadium that is another matter for another day.

Once again Rafa showed tonight he is one of the best in the league at stopping attacking teams from playing. We did well in the home game to come from behind, although at the time a lot of people moaned.

Reality is, if you are a couple of percent off your game, you will lose to anyone in this league.

I keep hearing about worries of losing star players but all bar brooks and lesser extent ake are replaceable based on current form. David signed a long deal in any case while ake said he hopes Fraser stays. Neither are a sign of wanting out. Losing king and Fraser really wouldn’t worry me unless we sold on the cheap.

Too many people worrying imho. Not to say we won’t go down of course but think with a kinder injury record next year we will be ok. I have never been carried away by dreams of Europe either!

From one poster or another, since the first 6 matches back in the Championship, we've had the "This season/next season will be relegation " type posts. It hasn't happened yet, it's less of a ride, more of a "Long strange trip". Enjoy it, there'll be plenty of time after it's over. Then we can discuss if our share of the bill was worth it.
Unexpectedly, we're on this ride that Eddie and Max (and all the others) have got us access too,, we didn't complain much about them getting us on it and we can't chose when we get off. To me ( + Good Lady), we've had some great views, some downs, some ups, I don't mind how much longer it lasts, it's an open ended return journey. So long as it's a slow decent and it doesn't end up costing a lot more than we can afford : )

As I’ve said numerous times until you know players who have stayed or come in or seen who’s come up and what other clubs have done you can’t judge it. Who would have thought Wolves could make so many changes to their side and finish in the top half, Fulham do the same and struggle all season.

Call it in August not April.
Thanks, saved me having to say it!

It’s just been a really weird season .Personally gone from never more confident at the beginning of the season to never so pessimistic going into next season ...obviously I’m just talkin Prem years .

;