A Very Salty Thread

and more relevant than all the above put together:

If only the manager had understood that if you play most games, even at home against weak opposition, with effectively one isolated striker, you'll never build sustained pressure. Instead you'll concede possession and play for long periods in your own half.

However if you take the game to your opponents by giving your main striker close support, throwing men into the box at every opportunity and getting crosses in, you'll create chances, as evidenced yesterday and at Man City (a) and Leics (h) second half.

Or you'll have a leaky defense and bunch of forum know it alls complaining about all the exploitable gaps in the defense.

Or you'll have a leaky defense and bunch of forum know it alls complaining about all the exploitable gaps in the defense.

Bournemouth comfortably survived for 4 seasons in the PL with a leaky defence. Same again this season but this time the goals dried up.

"AFC Bournemouth we score when we want"

What if they score 1 and you score 2 but they're incorrectly ruled out?

Fair point...with 'most' other clubs facing that possibility every week....happens several times a season at least....only getting away from VAR can stop that.

Now we have....we will see more accurately what our application/ desire brings us.

Bournemouth comfortably survived for 4 seasons in the PL with a leaky defence. Same again this season but this time the goals dried up.

"AFC Bournemouth we score when we want"

You have the benefit of being a new poster and not having your past haunt you but if you look at the threads for the past 4 seasons there were huge amounts of doom-mongering centred around the defence and even in the 3 months of football you've commented on you've reserved virtually all your scorn for the defence.

I know enough to realise I know very little about football tactics but the opinion that 'we don't score enough we need more forwards', 'we concede too many we need more defenders' is something I'd expect from a 5-year-old.

You have the benefit of being a new poster and not having your past haunt you but if you look at the threads for the past 4 seasons there were huge amounts of doom-mongering centred around the defence and even in the 3 months of football you've commented on you've reserved virtually all your scorn for the defence.

I know enough to realise I know very little about football tactics but the opinion that 'we don't score enough we need more forwards', 'we concede too many we need more defenders' is something I'd expect from a 5-year-old.

A bizarre response even by your standards but at least you admit that you know little about football tactics, so credit at least for your honesty on that point, as it puts your other nonsensical ramblings in context.

However your general comprehension levels appear to be that of a 5-year old because you confuse my criticism of Howe for playing with fear, with ‘scorn of the defence’. I have no ‘scorn’ for the defence, it was you who described it as leaky and I merely repeated it.

You're clearly ultra-sensitive about any criticism of Howe, no matter how justified it is, so I suggest you calm down, grow up and slowly read my post #20 and perhaps you’ll understand.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
and more relevant than all the above put together:

If only the manager had understood that if you play most games, even at home against weak opposition, with effectively one isolated striker, you'll never build sustained pressure. Instead you'll concede possession and play for long periods in your own half.

However if you take the game to your opponents by giving your main striker close support, throwing men into the box at every opportunity and getting crosses in, you'll create chances, as evidenced yesterday and at Man City (a) and Leics (h) second half.

THIS. More than anything this has been our downfall this season.

And failing to understand that 4-4-2 does not mean more attacking unless you have some kind of link up play between your midfield and strikers, it means effectively playing with 9 men.

On top of that, persisting with the above with strikers that are low in confidence instead of playing them back into confidence with bread and butter crosses etc.

And perhaps more fundamentally you can't play a pressing game if some players can't be bothered to press.

THIS. More than anything this has been our downfall this season.

And failing to understand that 4-4-2 does not mean more attacking unless you have some kind of link up play between your midfield and strikers, it means effectively playing with 9 men.

On top of that, persisting with the above with strikers that are low in confidence instead of playing them back into confidence with bread and butter crosses etc.

And perhaps more fundamentally you can't play a pressing game if some players can't be bothered to press.

Spot on that man.

A bizarre response even by your standards but at least you admit that you know little about football tactics, so credit at least for your honesty on that point, as it puts your other nonsensical ramblings in context.

However your general comprehension levels appear to be that of a 5-year old because you confuse my criticism of Howe for playing with fear, with ‘scorn of the defence’. I have no ‘scorn’ for the defence, it was you who described it as leaky and I merely repeated it.

You're clearly ultra-sensitive about any criticism of Howe, no matter how justified it is, so I suggest you calm down, grow up and slowly read my post #20 and perhaps you’ll understand.

Have a great day.

That you think you know more than one of the best tactical minds in the world says a staggering amount about you.

Sorry you're confusing sensitivity over criticism of Howe with a low tolerance for idiocy.

Last edited:

;