Accounts

That's if you let data research and the resultant 'stats' get in our way of becoming the Barcelona of the South Coast...

Its where the ' football town' thing/question rears its head

...its amazing when you see half of that Burnley population walking around dressed in rags without two pennies to rub together !
Yes amazing in this day they still have work houses in Burnley

We were in the prem for five seasons, couldn't get the stadium filled for cup games, been in mostly League one/two (div 3/4) for about as long as we existed, and the argument that we should have a bigger stadium/better training facilities boils down the size of the conurbation when compared to other clubs

We were in the prem for five seasons, couldn't get the stadium filled for cup games, been in mostly League one/two (div 3/4) for about as long as we existed, and the argument that we should have a bigger stadium/better training facilities boils down the size of the conurbation when compared to other clubs
We got the stadium filled the vast majority of the time for cup games when we were in the Premier league and the championship. Conurbation is sure to play a part, it does in practically every town and city in the country.

For those of you that engage with the Twittersphere, a very interesting and detailed analysis of our accounts is presented by Swiss Ramble today.

Here is just one excerpt:

“Remuneration for #AFCB highest paid director fell 30% from £1,864k to £1,306k. That’s currently 8th highest in the Premier League, which seems quite steep after relegation, though is much less than the likes of #MUFC Ed Woodward and #THFC Daniel Levy (both more than £3m)”

:hmmm:should I be relieved that it’s less than Woodward and Levy? :shake:
If it applied to last year's accounts then it would have been set prior to relegation, so was perhaps more a reflection of the previous season and reduced Vs performance the previous season. We have to wait until next year to what it reduced as a result of relegation and even then I suspect the late finish to the season delayed the wage reduction.

Take a week off for the international break and everyone thinks they are a financial guru.

Maybe someone can name me a legal method of withdrawing money from a business that you own if it has trading losses but surplus cash, without disadvantaging other creditors through trading while insolvent?

If it applied to last year's accounts then it would have been set prior to relegation, so was perhaps more a reflection of the previous season and reduced Vs performance the previous season. We have to wait until next year to what it reduced as a result of relegation and even then I suspect the late finish to the season delayed the wage reduction.

Take a week off for the international break and everyone thinks they are a financial guru.

Maybe someone can name me a legal method of withdrawing money from a business that you own if it has trading losses but surplus cash, without disadvantaging other creditors through trading while insolvent?
This was last years accounts and this chap is notable in his credibility and the way he consistently analyses many clubs. You should take a look...

That's if you let data research and the resultant 'stats' get in our way of becoming the Barcelona of the South Coast...

Its where the ' football town' thing/question rears its head

...its amazing when you see half of that Burnley population walking around dressed in rags without two pennies to rub together !
I'm not aware of any stats that have got in the way...

I'm not aware of any stats that have got in the way...

Well something has sure to f√ck got in the way..it ain't going too smoothly and we arnt likely to match Saints standing as a club with this Tinpot set - up.
EH had us in a great position for a couple of years on the field...only for the club to stall in its progression off the field!

It'll be interesting to see how many LOL's ( ridiculous abbreviation and expression) we get tomorrow night if things don't go well and the usual Provokers, Truthsayers and Soothsayers like me get going ! Shawoweee !

However hold fire..I thinks we will win 4-1 !

Q
It'll be interesting to see how many LOL's ( ridiculous abbreviation and expression) we get tomorrow night if things don't go well and the usual Provokers, Truthsayers and Soothsayers like me get going ! Shawoweee !

However hold fire..I thinks we will win 4-1 !

Almost as ridiculous as your ignorant jokey (I assume) comment about people in Burnley.

No Training ground ...no larger stadium..or larger capacity....after 5 years of being in the PL......massive wage bill ....players wanting away.... little wonder there is doom and gloom.
Personally I can handle ANY outcome...but when you consider what might have been and being so close to it after all the years struggling the lower divisions...its not good is it ?

Burnley..population circa 75,000
Poole..,.population circa150,000

Watford....population circa 96,000
Bournemouth.....population circa 183, 000

Something ain't quite right !
OK - so Poole should have a bigger club than Burnley?

Back...' On the Pitch' tonight...if the players don't 'see it big' ..and we don't win....oooff the Meltdown will be on Full Steam..all boilers bursting !

We will learn if this 'Dubai'. ..break has worked and the ' internationals' have picked up any new skills on their travels....that is of course if they ain't picked up "injuries" or a Jungle Covid Strain !

;