Adam Smith

Definitely the Cookie Monster passing the ball straight to Everton. Hands in head moment. The Guardian blamed it on ou style of play. Passing out from the back biting us on the bum.

Redpost - 30/12/2017 19:59

Definitely the Cookie Monster passing the ball straight to Everton. Hands in head moment. The Guardian blamed it on ou style of play. Passing out from the back biting us on the bum.

The "experts" keep on about this but clearly Eddie is prepared to expect errors as we've been doing it for years. It isn't going to change anytime soon as much as we'd all smash it into row Z.

On Smith, thought he was outstanding today, out of position.

Played a couple of games at left back in the third tier, got moved halfway through the second game having struggled.

Has clearly learned a lot since then, my fears were completely unfounded.

Well done, two class performances :coool:

For me Francis is our weakest defender now ,and as soon as Charlie is fit,should be dropped.

Will never happen though !

I love Franno and he has been my favourite player and one of the clubs best ever but his peak has gone now.

Garbo - 30/12/2017 19:22

...still prefer him at RB...certainly better than Franno...incidentally BBC saying that Steve |Cook gave the ball away for their goal, I thought that it was Francis?

The whole team deserved today's three points...hope that we can take that into Monday's game at The Amex!

Definitely Cookies error.

Cook from my seat...

The Wee man did similar 30 seconds before....it was like the team lost if completely for a few minutes...the stuff of nightmares when no one will actually hoof the ball away for fear of being dropped.

red_house - 30/12/2017 22:27

Cook from my seat...

The Wee man did similar 30 seconds before....it was like the team lost if completely for a few minutes...the stuff of nightmares when no one will actually hoof the ball away for fear of being dropped.

I thought that too. The whole team was like a deer stuck in headlights. Could be that they were concerned so much about losing the lead, they did

I'm not a fan of A Smith playing left back, but he has had two cracking games in that position. Him and wee man have so much pace.

afcdibby - 30/12/2017 23:19

I'm not a fan of A Smith playing left back, but he has had two cracking games in that position. Him and wee man have so much pace.

Certainly all about pace and cutting inside. We did lack the option of an early first time cross with neither at their strongest on their left foot.

Not sure he would have received the same amount of praise if his suicidal back pass was capitalised on like Cook's dreadful pass that resulted in a goal...

There's no doubt he was excellent there and full credit to him. However, I'd still be much more comfortable with him on the right and Daniels back at LB.

Hopefully that's what we'll see tomorrow.

It's a shame that it'll probably be Cook dropped for his error and Francis moved back into the centre, despite numerous errors from him costing goals this season without him being dropped. However, maybe Eddie will surprise us!

Agreed. I don't see how he can be displaced from the starting side at the moment. On current form it should be between Daniels (looked well off it today, maybe still not up to full fitness?), Cook, and Francis for two spots when we play 4 at the back.

;