Adam Smith

Nothing to do with Ritchie,they tussled near the touch line before the injury and Smith seemed to land awkwardly although he showed no sign of being injured..
Then he faked to kick the ball when we had a free kick,and fell to the floor clutching his knee.
He was in so much pain he was given oxygen on the pitch suggesting maybe dislocation.

Junior unlucky again with a groin strain after such a short time back.

Hopefully Josh King will be back for the Arsenal game.

Been on the injury site, mentions Smith, Lerma, Stanislas and king.

So is Mings fit again?

Like last season you could push Fraser out there but why would you want to take him away from the other end of the pitch or Lerma away from the middle? Even if it's just a loan I can't see any good reason not to have another option available since it seems likely Smith will be out for the season based on the little we know so far.

Last edited:
He was in so much pain he was given oxygen on the pitch suggesting maybe dislocation.

That's the kicker for me, I've torn my PCL in the past, and whilst it wasn't pleasant, it wasn't oxygen worthy. I know every injury is different and people handle pain differently, but the fact he stayed down so long and needed oxygen makes me very worries. Not that any knee cruciate isn't worrying, but this seems more than meets the eye

What’s the best case scenario here? Dislocated knee instead of ligament damage? Does anyone know how long a dislocated knee would keep him out?

I don't think he could dislocate it with out causing ligament damage, often a stretch can be worse than a tear, as it keeps the joint loose so the issue recurs, I still lose my left knee every now and again

From the injury site.

"Looks like he’s got a knee injury, it looks quite serious, he's in quite a bit of pain in the dressing room."

Nothing to do with Ritchie,they tussled near the touch line before the injury and Smith seemed to land awkwardly although he showed no sign of being injured..
Then he faked to kick the ball when we had a free kick,and fell to the floor clutching his knee.

Can we just blame Ritchie anyway? Just for blame game bingo purposes.

I've got Ibe, Ake, Gosling and Francis,.... Ritchie would give me the line.

;