Adam Smith

I think it's easy for us to forget what looks natural like today, is the result of understanding between players, understanding between players and manager, all of which takes time to learn and implement.

We don't automatically rock up on the first day in our careers at a new company and smash it like we have been there a lifetime.

I'm looking forward to the future if it continues as it has so far, much enjoyment to be had irrespective of the result.
I think another point is that you can only coach so much on the training ground. The only way players will fully understand and buy into Iraola's ideas is in actual match situations.

His performances in the last four games means it’s his spot for me. Aarons has been good but not come close to Smiths last four games in performances especially defensively
I agree that Aarons hasn’t had 5 consecutive good games yet, but his level was rising quickly before the injury.

And his pace is a difference maker compared to Smith’s.

Think Andoni will want to ease Aaron into the XI when he’s healthy.

Obviously with Smith performing as he is there will be no rush.

His performances in the last four games means it’s his spot for me. Aarons has been good but not come close to Smiths last four games in performances especially defensively
I don’t think it’s entirely fair to say that Aarons hasn’t come close to be honest, I think that Smith has been very good but I also think that Aarons has been very good this season too. In the wins Vs Burnley and Newcastle Aarons was arguably one of our better players. I agree that Smith should keep the spot for now (why change a winning team) but there really hasn’t been an awful lot between the two imo.

Been a good servant and player for our club over the years.

THE DAY Adam Smith signed permanently for Cherries, Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne’s pop hit Rather Be topped the UK singles charts.

As time passes, it is hard to think of many tracks more fitting to sum up the full-back’s time at the club. As the lyrics go: “As long as we’re together, there’s no place I’d rather be.”

In the decade which has followed, Smith and AFC Bournemouth have been the ideal match, the relationship working perfectly for each other.

Today marks 10 years since Smith put pen-to-paper on a contract with Cherries, finally leaving boyhood club Tottenham Hotspur behind him after a string of loan spells, on a deal worth around £250,000.

I don’t think it’s entirely fair to say that Aarons hasn’t come close to be honest, I think that Smith has been very good but I also think that Aarons has been very good this season too. In the wins Vs Burnley and Newcastle Aarons was arguably one of our better players. I agree that Smith should keep the spot for now (why change a winning team) but there really hasn’t been an awful lot between the two imo.
Yep. Aarons has just started. Smithy can't go on forever, but once they are both injury free, Smithy will be able to kind of mentor Aarons on the pitch. I really like Hill too, but see Hill as more of a player we have on to sure up defense and Aarons to get forward more. I think Smithy is more inclined to get forward then Hill but less so than Aarons.

Superb player and servant.

Has found another gear or two this season, after appearing he may be in decline.

Real asset. Appreciated by fans, but feels like a little under the radar compared to other stalwarts.

Similar to what he said in the interview he gave on COWS last year and was reported in the Echo.

“It is obviously a privilege to be in the Premier League and fighting to get promoted.

“And then just when you get older, do you still enjoy your job after doing it for so long?

“It isn’t just the pressure, but the abuse. It is grinding. Maybe I’m being too honest, but the abuse players get… no other industry gets it.

“You wouldn’t walk down the street and abuse a trader or something but if you are a footballer you get abused left, right and centre.

Last edited:
Don't condone the online abuse stuff at all... But football today, comes with a certain level of moronic fan/supporter that believes it is ok and they have the right to to step out of what is 'acceptable frustration' seen in the stands and take it to the next level...

Smith is old enough and been in the game long enough to have seen a big shift in how fans can voice their opinions... Yes, footballers are in a privileged position but that shouldn't be just cause for some to make the abuse personal...

Smith, and Kelly, both fell out with the fans last season... I have no idea why we, as fans would want to hurl so much sh*t at our own players that they wouldn't want to be wearing Bournemouth colours... Actually, why would we want to hurl any **************** at our own players...

Don't condone the online abuse stuff at all... But football today, comes with a certain level of moronic fan/supporter that believes it is ok and they have the right to to step out of what is 'acceptable frustration' seen in the stands and take it to the next level...

Smith is old enough and been in the game long enough to have seen a big shift in how fans can voice their opinions... Yes, footballers are in a privileged position but that shouldn't be just cause for some to make the abuse personal...

Smith, and Kelly, both fell out with the fans last season... I have no idea why we, as fans would want to hurl so much sh*t at our own players that they wouldn't want to be wearing Bournemouth colours... Actually, why would we want to hurl any **************** at our own players...
Didn't realise Smithy fell out with fans last season. I mean he's given so much and continues to always give so much. Why on earth would fans be anything but proud of him. Hope we offer him another year and then a coaching role before Eddie does:)

Superb player and servant.

Has found another gear or two this season, after appearing he may be in decline.

Real asset. Appreciated by fans, but feels like a little under the radar compared to other stalwarts.
He's such an asset. At the very least, next season, he'll be a great player we can bring on to cover at least two positions from the bench. He makes mistakes like all players but always gets back on the horse and gallops. He comes back from injuries quickly too, which might be to do with his resilience.

He's such an asset. At the very least, next season, he'll be a great player we can bring on to cover at least two positions from the bench. He makes mistakes like all players but always gets back on the horse and gallops. He comes back from injuries quickly too, which might be to do with his resilience.
I think I’ve been predicting his “right time to bow out” for at least two seasons now and he keeps on surprising me.

He must really be looking after himself because he’s hanging on in there, even now, in the toughest, most physically demanding of leagues.

With the injuries we’ve had in his position, he has been such an asset for us this season.

We are lucky to have him and should give him massive credit for his professionalism through thick and thin.

It will be a sad day when his time with AFCB finally comes to an end.

;