AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal - FA Cup 4th Round Monday 27th January 8 pm

It's so frustrating because it's so basic. Press, run, pass forward and get the ball in the box and things happen...players feed off it. Sit back and give them the run of the pitch and hope for a break and nothing happens.

If we start against Villa like we did today (or any game in the past month) we deserve nothing. Get in their faces FFS.

It's so frustrating because it's so basic. Press, run, pass forward and get the ball in the box and things happen...players feed off it. Sit back and give them the run of the pitch and hope for a break and nothing happens.

If we start against Villa like we did today (or any game in the past month) we deserve nothing. Get in their faces FFS.
This is all we ask. Simple ⚽

Very concerned about tonight's performance. One step forward, two steps back. Are lessons really being learned ? Surman should be in front of Lewis Cook in the pecking order against Villa. Surridge looks like something different which we need at the moment. I was even quite pleased to see him booked , we need a lot more fight and aggression in this team if we are to stand a chance of staying in the Premier league.

Only went tonight to keep up my points. Because, you never know, with the right draw and playing this badly in the league, it might be our year to get to Wembley. Can’t find the smiley thing for ‘laughs hysterically’ over the golf course.

Very concerned about tonight's performance. One step forward, two steps back. Are lessons really being learned ? Surman should be in front of Lewis Cook in the pecking order against Villa. Surridge looks like something different which we need at the moment. I was even quite pleased to see him booked , we need a lot more fight and aggression in this team if we are to stand a chance of staying in the Premier league.
My son says he looks like Ritchie on stilts.

Worrying Eddie says he doesn’t know which team will turn up and can’t understand the periods of lack of fight and ability to press .It was criminal to only give Surridge 8 minutes when the central striker Solanke didn’t have a shot in88 minutes

Worrying Eddie says he doesn’t know which team will turn up and can’t understand the periods of lack of fight and ability to press .It was criminal to only give Surridge 8 minutes when the central striker Solanke didn’t have a shot in88 minutes
Maybe the players have lost some faith ?
Not changing things until so late in the game when it needed to be made earlier ......

Regarding the the changes it has to be said that it took an absolute age to get Callum on ....not sure why that was perhaps the ball just wouldn't go out?

I ain't that sure what was going on in the first 40 minutes or so we just stood off the Arsenal players and let them play out round us, I genuinely don't remember a Bournemouth player making a tackle. Arsenal could have scored more if they were a bit more ruthless. We were kind of the same in the first 30 minutes against Brighton however we got away with that one, better teams will finish the game in that spell if we continue to start games so passive and we seen that tonight we were 2-0 down before we started to even try.

Watched two very good young 18-year-olds tonight tear our defence apart in the first half and it was our own fault.

Martinelli and Saka were given acres of space to play in and at one time Saka had so much room he could have driven a London Bus down the wing.

We were better second half and another young player I thought might be given a start tonight came on late as a substitute and scored our only goal.

We could have had an equaliser as well but L Cook shot went sailing over the bar.

But the game was lost in those opening 30 minutes.

We have all been asking for L Cook in the line up. Myself included. It might just be Eddie has no quality to choose from at this current iteration of the team. And that’s why it looks like he is not doing anything. If everyone is hurt or so out of form as to be career ending or just not premier league quality.....what can he do?

Briefly going back to last night’s game.

Funny how stats don’t always tell the full story.

AFCB 7 shots, 2 on target

Arsenal 7 shots, 3 on target.

;