AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal - Sunday 1.30 pm

So a goal and a penalty taken from us by the officials, should be 3 - 1.

Oh for unbiased officials...

Not sure a pen but Brooks was onside . To be fair though I think the officials have been ok. At full speed first time I thought Brooksie was off too

Quality of the lay off from Brooksy had a big hand in that goal , so much easier a finish when it’s ‘on A plate’

Quality of the lay off from Brooksy had a big hand in that goal , so much easier a finish when it’s ‘on A plate’
I thought he had delayed just a little too long but as it turned out it was more about setting and then putting it right where King needed it. Great play all round

46:01 Joshua King! Brooks onside earlier, player on floor playing him on. Sun in Lino's eyes?

Sun is the opposite direction, always over the main stand pointing at the East Stand which is why we get quite a few sun flares in the Camera in winter games with the low sun.

Lino in front of us (East stand) has missed a few off sides that were fairly obvious. When he’s watching the line on a set piece he has to hold his hand up to shade the sun

Not sure a pen but Brooks was onside . To be fair though I think the officials have been ok. At full speed first time I thought Brooksie was off too

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

If you agree that King was fouled and that the referee didn't blow until he was in the box, then it's a penalty.

If in doubt linesman are supposed to give benefit to defenders in goal line decisions and attackers in offside decisions. How a linesman could feel Brooks was offside is mental.

Gosling gave away a simple pass.....how often does that happen in every game ever....Ronaldo does it often; L Cook even more!....it's football!

Last edited:
"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

If you agree that King was fouled and that the referee didn't blow until he was in the box, then it's a penalty.

If in doubt linesman are supposed to give benefit to defenders in goal line decisions and attackers in offside decisions. How a linesman could feel Brooks was offside is mental.
I thought by the time they were in the box it was 6 and 2 3s.

Okay Lerma needs to come off now.... at fault for both goals. Not entirely the first but he needs to come off for Cook or Surman

Decent performance, keep that up and eventually god-willing we'll have some decent officials who will give us a fair crack and we'll be flying.

Think Eddie should take the majority of the flack for that. Moving Fraser to wing back at half time changed the game. Persisting with it only ensured there would be one winner, and that certainly wasn't going to be us. It's a shame, we weren't bad, except Lerma who had a weird game, but we aren't the type of team who can get something from games without pressurizing the opposition and running at them with pace.

Think Eddie should take the majority of the flack for that. Moving Fraser to wing back at half time changed the game. Persisting with it only ensured there would be one winner, and that certainly wasn't going to be us. It's a shame, we weren't bad, except Lerma who had a weird game, but we aren't the type of team who can get something from games without pressurizing the opposition and running at them with pace.
Not think anyone deserves any "flack" for that performance tbh....players or manager.

;