AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal

Hopefully Dom is fit but if he is out then shows the risk in putting out a strong team in cups. Eddie got flak for resting key players but understood the logic even though nice to get a really good cup run. Kerkez and Zabarnyi took some knocks too on Wednesday and we don’t have much back up there
100%. Which is why if you don’t give a manager a balanced squad and overload it in certain positions at the expense of others then you force them into a position where key players may get injured and hurt your chances for a season

The emphasis on Solanke is sheer lunacy....at least 2/3 of goals have to come from around the squad or we are dead meat ...I tell you that for nothing and that from limited expertise ..but enough for a common sense appraisal of the situation we are in!
Unfortunately, you cannot use common sense appraisals on this forum. You run risk of being hauled over the coals for saying it how it is by the Rosy Red Spectacle gang.

Unfortunately whilst we were running around signing more wingers and injured midfielders we did seem to ignore the lack of firepower we have had upfront until a last day attempt to sign someone who decided to stay in the championship. Dom , who as we know isnt my choice of striker, has started reasonably well, scoring in the PL and against two championship clubs( his level imo.) However, i do accept his injury , if it keeps him out for a few games, is a blow to an already weak choice of attackers. I hope that if his injury does keep him out for a couple of games it gives Semenyo the chance to show us properly what he can do as a striker and also puts a bit more impetus on our midfield to score. I still think playing Billing out of the 10 role hinders our scoring ability as he is more likely than Christie to find the back of the net. Tough game tomorrow . I go into it with low expectations but who knows ? We have the ability to turn it on against the big boys sometimes and pull off a shock result. Perhaps tomorrow is our day.

Unfortunately whilst we were running around signing more wingers and injured midfielders we did seem to ignore the lack of firepower we have had upfront until a last day attempt to sign someone who decided to stay in the championship. Dom , who as we know isnt my choice of striker, has started reasonably well, scoring in the PL and against two championship clubs( his level imo.) However, i do accept his injury , if it keeps him out for a few games, is a blow to an already weak choice of attackers. I hope that if his injury does keep him out for a couple of games it gives Semenyo the chance to show us properly what he can do as a striker and also puts a bit more impetus on our midfield to score. I still think playing Billing out of the 10 role hinders our scoring ability as he is more likely than Christie to find the back of the net. Tough game tomorrow . I go into it with low expectations but who knows ? We have the ability to turn it on against the big boys sometimes and pull off a shock result. Perhaps tomorrow is our day.
Agreed. I would love us to pull it off. However, having Dom (who is the only player likely to score) missing and Kelly out also. Our chances of getting anything out of the game would be as likely as locating the crew of the Mary Celeste. Plus the fact that one two of our players may well be suffering the after effect of Wednesdays game with tiredness and fatigue.

Last edited:
Arsenal have a huge injury list with a number of key players out. We absolutely CANNOT go into this game with this nonsense mentality that every game of this nature is a write off, it is a game that we can and should be getting something from given their injury list. We should have got something from Brighton but completely threw it away, I think we really need to be winning this in the circumstances. It’s an easier fixture than Everton in a few weeks given their injuries.

Arsenal have a huge injury list with a number of key players out. We absolutely CANNOT go into this game with this nonsense mentality that every game of this nature is a write off, it is a game that we can and should be getting something from given their injury list. We should have got something from Brighton but completely threw it away, I think we really need to be winning this in the circumstances. It’s an easier fixture than Everton in a few weeks given their injuries.
Do you think the manager and the team have actually written the game off?

Hopefully Dom is fit but if he is out then shows the risk in putting out a strong team in cups. Eddie got flak for resting key players but understood the logic even though nice to get a really good cup run. Kerkez and Zabarnyi took some knocks too on Wednesday and we don’t have much back up there
Without the cup run we'd have zero wins this season and this would be affecting morale. Injuries are part of the game. Being scared to play key players is defeatist in my humble opinion. I never agreed with Howe's view point on this.

It may be reported that they have numerous injuries, but they have more quality and strength in depth than we have. Secondly, this may well be all a bit of mind games being played here and find that many of these reported players will be available by tomorrow.

Easier fixture than Everton, don't be ridiculous, even if Saka and rice are out tomorrow, they have significant strength in depth, and way better than Everton.
And btw nothings been confirmed to whether their players are out

If we are missing Solanke and need to use a Semenyo or Kluivert centrally, I do agree Billing needs to be moved further forward to provide goal scoring support. Move Christie wide if needs be, or bring him off the bench for a 30 minute sprint.

I agree with much of this. Arsenal are not the team of last season. They are collecting points, but as already said they are scraping thru on many occasions. I wouldn't go as far as to say we should be winning this, but we certainly have an opportunity to collect something in the way of point/s.

Last edited:
If we are missing Solanke and need to use a Semenyo or Kluivert centrally, I do agree Billing needs to be moved further forward to provide goal scoring support. Move Christie wide if needs be, or bring him off the bench for a 30 minute sprint.
I absolutely disagree with dropping Christie. It has already been proven this season that dropping him is a mistake. I agree without Dom we will need more support up front. But Billing hasn't exactly shown any form this season whatsoever. Christie has more goals and assists, in fact.

Without the cup run we'd have zero wins this season and this would be affecting morale. Injuries are part of the game. Being scared to play key players is defeatist in my humble opinion. I never agreed with Howe's view point on this.
I think the league cup gives more opportunities so like AI’s approach. However, around fa cup round 3 time I agreed with Eddie as the December/new year league schedule is crazy.

I think it will always be a regret that we didn’t reach a semi final with Eddie as on our day we could have beaten anyone - we were unlucky that 3 times in the league cup that we reached a 1/4 final we drew Chelsea twice and Liverpool

Agreed, Billing is much more effective in the forward role. He is certainly not a central midfield player of which was clearly obvious when he first arrived. He has a goal or two in him when utilised further up the pitch.

I agree with this . I've always thought you should play your strongest team every game regardless and then deal with injuries by having the back up players to step in.

Last edited:

;