AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa - Sunday 2 pm

That we have this player Billing..who is a Danish International..an international at Tinpot Boscombe...and that he occasionally produces a moment of Magic...then a fan comes on the Forum saying they don't want him on the pitch.
....bizarre.
I imagine then if we don't score at Palace ...some middle - class dork or other will want Solanke moved on !
It would appear at this juncture that Iraola has got rid of the 'lazy' element of what was wrong before this good form run...but I think that was more a Team ailment...as opposed to individuals - maybe a dressing room culture developed within players cliques....they happen !
But anyway whatever....seems to be getting better...we just need to support whatever/ whoever is on the pitch at any time....and whoever is managing it....there is no exact science involved...although you'd think there was ..the way Forum cliques come at it....with what I assume are hormone imbalances or similar...

That we have this player Billing..who is a Danish International..an international at Tinpot Boscombe...and that he occasionally produces a moment of Magic...then a fan comes on the Forum saying they don't want him on the pitch.
....bizarre.
I imagine then if we don't score at Palace ...some middle - class dork or other will want Solanke moved on !
It would appear at this juncture that Iraola has got rid of the 'lazy' element of what was wrong before this good form run...but I think that was more a Team ailment...as opposed to individuals - maybe a dressing room culture developed within players cliques....they happen !
But anyway whatever....seems to be getting better...we just need to support whatever/ whoever is on the pitch at any time....and whoever is managing it....there is no exact science involved...although you'd think there was ..the way Forum cliques come at it....with what I assume are hormone imbalances or similar...
Must try harder...written in my imaginary red pen.

rich coming from the sado who continually feels so insecure they have to reference back to a manager who departed months ago
We were brilliant today, can’t you just be happy about that? Had doubts about Iraola too but I couldn’t care less where he is from or who was our manager beforehand, if we play that well with that much energy and passion then I’ll leave the game happy.

Just got home. Really great performance. One little cameo that stood out for me. Tav made yet another great burst, down the right, round about 70th minute. Tielemans was absolutely hanging trying to keep up. Dripping with sweat and puffing like a 1950s freight train. Ball went out of play and you could see a totally calm and unflustered Tav eyeballing Tielemans knowing he could turn him inside out when he needed to.
The point is, our team's fitness levels seem to have gone up a gear and we are capable of the high speed pressing game deep into the 90 minutes.
I have no fears we are making great strides towards having a very decent season.

We were brilliant today, can’t you just be happy about that? Had doubts about Iraola too but I couldn’t care less where he is from or who was our manager beforehand, if we play that well with that much energy and passion then I’ll leave the game happy.

maybe take the time to re-read my comments properly

C-

That was 2-0 game. Supremely unlucky with that one but if we turn out performances like that every week we'd be outperforming what is currently a top 4 team.

maybe take the time to re-read my comments properly

C-
I read your comments properly, it seems that your only take away from today’s fantastic performance was to take a swipe at another poster for not having a ‘meltdown’ that we conceded a last minute goal today (because he did last season apparently.) Can you not see that it sounds a bit sad when it’s written out?

More improvements on the pitch and we are looking good to watch!
Neto 7 okay no chance with their goals, punched a few away from danger
Smith 9 Incredible performance from our veteran full back closing down many attacks
Senesi 7 solid but wasteful with the ball at times
Zarbarnyi 7.5 Read the game well keeping Watkins largely quiet until that goal!
Kerkez 7 usual great in attack setting up Dom’s goal but bit suspect still in defending?
Tavernier 7.5 quiet first 45 but much better in second half in attack and assisting Smith defending
Cook 7.5 Another classy effort in the engine room
Christie 9.5 Brilliant game showing some real class with his control and passing MOTM
Semenyo 8 Aggressive energetic and took his goal well probably lucky to escape a red card but great asset to the team
Solanke 8 Typical class finish for his goal tracked back well to when needed
Subs Sinisterra 8 Mepham 6.5 Billing 7

Referee 4 hopelessly conned by Villa players dropping at every opportunity and trying to get our players booked! Looked out of his depth

That was some performance today and a team that looked confident, energetic and attacking intent.

Getting a third goal would have secured the points; we had the chances and it was always a risk a bit of quality would put Villa back level. Villa’s second equaliser was annoying - not just for preventing a deserved win but also the obvious left back cover issue.

However, far more positives today and a continued sign of improvement. Still think a point gained today.

That was some performance today and a team that looked confident, energetic and attacking intent.

Getting a third goal would have secured the points; we had the chances and it was always a risk a bit of quality would put Villa back level. Villa’s second equaliser was annoying - not just for preventing a deserved win but also the obvious left back cover issue.

However, far more positives today and a continued sign of improvement. Still think a point gained today.
Mepham was the only recognised defender on the bench. If that was Villa, Newcastle, City...etc, the press would have been all over it.

Another team that we have taken points from who were below par apparently. BBC saying that Villa made about 9 changes from the team that played in mid week. What they're not saying is that the team that Emery put out today was probably stronger. Depends how the press spin things when it comes to upstarts like us.

It was like listening to a Villa radio. everything was brilliant by them even when they were being out played. No wonder he lost 10 million and now has to be a pundit for Sky.
I did quite enjoy Hendrie banging on about how Villa might go top of the league just before Dom scored. I'm pretty sure he expected them to beat us comfortably today. While he gave some credit to us, the bias was unbelievable. He described their deflected shot on to the post as nearly the "perfect goal". Also seemed to have sour grapes about their disallowed goal despite it being the right decision.

that is fucking hilarious, albeit sad and pathetic

try addressing the question without filling your nappy
when we sat back and failed to defend leads last season you went in to meltdown, or have you forgotten?

agenda driven selective memory
We really did not sit back today at any stage. That was night and day from anything I watched under GON or Parker in terms of attacking intent.

Referee 4 hopelessly conned by Villa players dropping at every opportunity and trying to get our players booked! Looked out of his depth
I was thinking the same during the game, but on reflection, I think I'm more annoyed at the players themselves. We all keep moaning about the standard of refereeing, VAR and the rest, but when the players play like that, it makes the ref's job so so difficult to work out what's a foul and what isn't. And they're so damn good at making it look like a foul.

The amount of times there was what I call a 'foul\dive' was crazy as well. Sure our player probably fouled him, but what a dive to go along with it. Until managers\players\pundits stop this "there was contact he can down" attitude it probably won't go anywhere.

Well that was enjoyable : ) I'll admit I had doubts whether Andoni would be able to turn the team and tactics around, in the time normally given to Premier League managers. he's had to not only convince the players to trust him but also believe in his tactics. Most of them had spent 2 seasons of achieving what was expected of them, by playing safety first don't lose at any costs football. It had been successful, automatic promotion and Prem' survival ( against all pundit opinions ). Andoni's Rock 'n Roll football is the antithesis of that, looking at the last few matches, somehow it's clicked, it's clicked so well and so quickly, anyone in Boscombe could have heard it. It's adventurous, attacking, high speed, high octane football just as fans want to see. There's athleticism, there's skill, there's tenacity, there's outstanding teamwork, there's players obviously enjoying their work, again. So many supporters' boxes ticked : )

We've just seen a team pushing for Champions League football, lucky to leave with a point, when a two goal winning margin wouldn't have flattered us : )

Great to be back at Dean Court, packed DC Lounge, loads of familiar faces, cracking game of football. Bra-bloody-vo I say : )

Ps hopefully see some of you at Palace on Wednesday, when the ghosts of our recent visits can be exorcised : )

;