AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

Really looking forward to having football back.

Special memories from three months ago.

Sure the new season will be a challenge and will test the resolve. I cannot see anything but a 20th place finish, but hopefully somewhere along the line we can cause at least one memorable upset. That unexpected Chelsea away day in December, or Liverpool comeback days that live long in the memory and why we all go.

Shoot me down but although really looking forward to the season starting I just think we are a weaker team that finished last season. I know this has already been discussed so not wanting to drag that up again. I really want us to win tomorrow as I believe Villa will be on that list of teams we can get points from but I think they'll nick it like they did the last opening day.

Shoot me down but although really looking forward to the season starting I just think we are a weaker team that finished last season. I know this has already been discussed so not wanting to drag that up again. I really want us to win tomorrow as I believe Villa will be on that list of teams we can get points from but I think they'll nick it like they did the last opening day.

We're not a weaker team because the players who played last season are still here with the exception of Cahill/Phillips and very infrequent roles for Laird and Davis. There is the centre back issue but this will be resolved by the end of the transfer window in my opinion. We have bought Rothwell who will be back soon, Tavernier will I think will be great and Fredericks when fit will offer extra options too. I think the tricky bit will be fitting in all the players we want to start.

We're not a weaker team because the players who played last season are still here with the exception of Cahill/Phillips and very infrequent roles for Laird and Davis. There is the centre back issue but this will be resolved by the end of the transfer window in my opinion. We have bought Rothwell who will be back soon, Tavernier will I think will be great and Fredericks when fit will offer extra options too. I think the tricky bit will be fitting in all the players we want to start.

We are weaker for the first game though.

Cahill saw us through the first half of the season and Phillips the second half.

Rothwell is out, Fredericks is out and Tavernier is unknown.

In 4 weeks time the squad may be stronger, but for our first game it isn't.

Reactions: DJ

We’re a weaker team until we sign a centre back who is either Nat Phillips or someone just as good.

Once that’s done it’s a debate on whether we’re a weaker squad. Quality wise maybe not, but numbers wise, with needing 9 subs, maybe.

We may lose, we might get relegated, as long as the team give it 100% that's all that can be asked, time to get behind the team and the individuals and enjoy our time in the greatest league in the world, after all we are just little tinpot Bournemouth.

Come on you cherries!!!

Villa fans don't know just what's in store for them this afternoon......they'll all be on their way down to Bournemouth full of hope that they will watch an entertaining game where both sides are trying to win .......by 4.45 we'll have bored them all sh1tless with Parker declaring that he's masterminded one of the greatest feats in the history of football by holding a team full of ' big quality/massive quality' players to a nil nil draw.

Villa fans don't know just what's in store for them this afternoon......they'll all be on their way down to Bournemouth full of hope that they will watch an entertaining game where both sides are trying to win .......by 4.45 we'll have bored them all sh1tless with Parker declaring that he's masterminded one of the greatest feats in the history of football by holding a team full of ' big quality/massive quality' players to a nil nil draw.
You beat him to it and we’ve not kicked off yet.

You've just rattled off why we are a weaker team.

;