AFC Bournemouth v Blackpool

I would take our start to the season all day long with the team we're putting out, we have more points than I believe we should and with the likes of Lerma, Smith, Cahill, two Cooks and the guy from Man City playing fairly soon, I'm confident we'll have a good season.
Some tough choices when everyone's back, hard to drop some of the youngsters, but for me rossi and kilkenny will struggle to keep their places

Some tough choices when everyone's back, hard to drop some of the youngsters, but for me rossi and kilkenny will struggle to keep their places

I think our biggest problem area at the moment (ignoring right back obviously) is central midfield.

We’re by no means controlling central midfield despite having three players in there. So the balance isn’t quite right for me.

You could take Kilkenny out and put in Lewis Cook or Lerma, but if they don’t get much support either they’ll only have the same problem.

Kelly scares the hell out of me! I'd prefer to keep Rossi, who from what I've seen is less of a liability.

I think our biggest problem area at the moment (ignoring right back obviously) is central midfield.

We’re by no means controlling central midfield despite having three players in there. So the balance isn’t quite right for me.

You could take Kilkenny out and put in Lewis Cook or Lerma, but if they don’t get much support either they’ll only have the same problem.

Agreed. I'd actually have Lerma and Pearson competing for the same place as deep lying destroyers alongside a deep lying playmaker which would be between Kilkenny and L Cook.

Then your forward thinking midfielder will be between Billing and Marcondes.

Not a system set in stone and you can swap it around depending on the opponent but that would be the base from which I'd work.

Kelly seems so casual and sometimes sloppy in possession just stroking the ball right to left, left to right and clueless with what else to do with it, barely any evidence of a progressive pass yesterday - tempo and urgency should start from the back and he was giving us none

That's just it isn't it?.. we've been incredibly clinical in taking chances in these first 4 games .....we haven't played well enough to create a lot of chances....in fact we were joint bottom of the league in chances created up to today.....we have to find a pattern of play that sees our creative players to their best effect.....we can't keep relying on the ball over the top all the time......... Blackpool a team that has come up from L1 passed us off the park in the second half.....that isn't acceptable for any team we put out.

WE came up from L1 and ' passed ' teams off the park Top F ! Cripes ..I could say that, you saying that its 'not acceptable' for any team we put out..as being an unparalleled put down of Blackpool's endeavors to do themselves a favour in that 2nd half..come on man F...you are too good for that...its the sort of stuff a Forum could expect from an exiled Boscombe bumpkin fan down West of Plymouth !

Agreed. I'd actually have Lerma and Pearson competing for the same place as deep lying destroyers alongside a deep lying playmaker which would be between Kilkenny and L Cook.

Then your forward thinking midfielder will be between Billing and Marcondes.

Not a system set in stone and you can swap it around depending on the opponent but that would be the base from which I'd work.
I think with the players available he has mainly only being able to play Kilkenny and billing and Marcondes in front
It’s tough so do you play a midfielder behind the other two , or the other way round .
Or do you play a midfielder that is in between .

Without doubt also having no natural right back unbalances us totally as an attacking threat

My thoughts, 2 weeks ago most pre match wisdom was "we're going to get hammered", " relegation/bankruptcy here we come", " I'll have to watch this behind 2 sofas, 1 won't be enough" or something like that.
Now after 4 matches we're 2 points adrift of W.B.A. and Fulham who are showing they're going to walk the Division.
Let's keep some perspective, Scottie Parker and his crew have only been here 9 weeks. They and the players have had, introductions, a tough pre-season, then 4 matches in 15 days. He's had the bare bones of a squad to pick from, won an away match with 10 men for the final 30 minutes ( then an experienced player missing for the next away 4 days later). We've won away with a centre half at right back with a debutant full back playing right wing. Half the starting 11 yesterday have a combined starts stat of less than 20. SP hasn't really had a chance to sub anyone off for a rest or change things tactically. Billing was limping after the Forest match, yet he couldn't be "rested" for the next 2 because who was fit enough to step into his place.
Personally I not surprised they wilted in the second half yesterday, I expected it against Brum to be honest. From what I've seen, the players on the pitch have given as much as they can, they can play on adrenalin for only so long, then it catches up with them.
Blackpool showed why everyone apparently loves the Championship, every match is competitive and sometimes it doesn't go our way. I think we'd be pleased if Eddie had got 8 from 12 with the resources available. : )

Keep the faith, the Treble's still on and the Invincible season is still achievable
: )

Its kind of desperately deathly quiet on the Forum today.....have some of the lightweights...the sort that go to DC and stare at mobiles fer 90 minutes...decided that a slide down the Div is imminent ?....wouldn't surprise me tbh !

They've seen the WBA and Fulham's carving out a top two niche...and thought.." Ooh err matron...their out of sight" .. Bigga Boys thingy... our Scotty have lost his plot already and we are in albeit unbeaten free fall ! ..Cheeeeah...worra laugh...fickle DC ers cum £air weather cling.- ons !

This is only me in anticipation mode...so keep yer lids on chasps !

A win in Carrot Country...can change the mood and see a frenzy of activity on these threads !

Seems to score goals. Useful to have him as a back up or impact sub. Billing should have let him take the free sick yesterday I think. Agree that he does seem to go sleepy at times.

;