AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - 3 To Go!

I was saying it in jest. Squad rotation is a necessity at times.

It was very minimal during the 8 game run that got us in the play offs. We would win games under JT and he would change 8 players the next match.

No one worries about rotating players, it was the method JT used.

I hope that’s not a mistake in swapping Pearson and Brooks!!

That would be my concern. We know Wilshere he is good ON the ball, but what about when he doesn't have it? Pearson has shown how his combative properties really add something to midfield.

As for Brooks and Stan, although they have different styles, the result is a bit more like-for-like.

I came on the forum expecting this from you ;) ....but since we have already made the playoffs....do we HAVE to win this game? What would you prefer, win and have Pearson injured or lose and keep him fresh?
Or to look at it another way - one of Pearsons fair but crunching tackles might put Brentford's best player out for the rest of the season (Not suggesting that he should by the way)

That would be my concern. We know Wilshere he is good ON the ball, but what about when he doesn't have it? Pearson has shown how his combative properties really add something to midfield.

As for Brooks and Stan, although they have different styles, the result is a bit more like-for-like.

Whats the worry? We dont need to win?

Pearson struggled with fitness this season. Brooks made of glass. With this being the second game in four days you can understand the rotation. Only one I don’t understand is Smith in for Stacey, as imo Stacey the better player and doesn’t need to be rested.

While I would’ve leaned towards keeping the team settled, we may well need Wilshere and Stanislas in the play offs so good for them to get some game time. Also, maybe we don’t want Brentford to have a full dress rehearsal.

If Wycombe don’t go down today, I’d be tempted to leave out Dan next week!

If accurate and JW didn't just lump him in with Long's two weeks by mistake, that's excellent news. It would be great to have him back to full strength by the playoffs. I hope we don't rush him and break him again. If he can be 100% fit by the time the playoffs come around, that'll do pig !

Last day of the season Stoke have nothing to play for, we may not really either by then, so it'll be low on the aggression and intensity. Give Kelly an hour there and it'll be an ideal warm up for the playoffs.
I just have a lot of spare time during this pandemic (although not quite as much now as I am back at work)!

Basically been TV or computer for almost a year on and off.

And obviously we always seem to be in competition together in the league so there is some interest to reading your thoughts.

I mean if you win and we lose today ...
Fair play Mark you are the most sensible Watford fan we will have met online! I hope we remain in competition next season...

This is a sensible amount of rotation. It's not like we're reverting to the "B" team. Stan, Wilshere, Rico, Stacey are all class players and when in form have been #1 picks in their positions.

End of season and it’s been a busy one lots of tiredness coming in now .The rotation is probably a smart move . Would be fantastic to keep the win streak going though .

;