AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - 3 To Go!

I'd just make the point that when we were promoted to the Premier League, there were an estimated 60,000 people on the beach watching the team on the bus. I think that a) shows how many people want AFCB to succeed and b) it's more than enough to keep the politicians very supportive of the club
Hamsters =politicians. They’ll ride the wheel if you put it in front of them, but only so long as they’re elected

If we win this one, we equal our record of 8 straight wins in League 1.

The highest run of wins this season in the Championship are Norwich between February and March with 9.

Reckon you will win tbh.

Brentford struggling for goals in recent times apart from one match.
I reckon it’s time you said “WE will win” TBH. I can’t believe you spend as much time on your own forum as you do on ours as there are only a certain amount of hours in the day.

Come on admit it now - you love AFCB more than Twatford. I really don’t understand why else you would spend so much time here, unless you’d like to enlighten us?

I just have a lot of spare time during this pandemic (although not quite as much now as I am back at work)!

Basically been TV or computer for almost a year on and off.

And obviously we always seem to be in competition together in the league so there is some interest to reading your thoughts.

I mean if you win and we lose today ...

I will ask an heretic question here.

Is the best possible outcome for us to finish third and then NOT get promoted?

I am a supporter of 65 years but can honestly say that I did not really enjoy any but the first season in the Premier League and even then it was a survival fight, which was not a lot of fun. Add VAR and the thought of losing on a consistent basis, I think I would prefer the Championship.

I await incoming flak!

:utc:
Late picking this up.

Important to get back in PL as I would suggest there could be changes in league structures at some stage because of ESL worries and new CL format so the higher league we are then, the better.

Also don't understand the irrational dislike of technology. VAR is double edged sword. Critically this year the sending off Vs Luton was a turning point for me that meant we dropped 3 points and a further 1 a few games later when we couldn't shut up shop to take a point due undue Board pressure. Those 4 points now would make a lot of difference that VAR would have resolved. In addition, while everyone has been moaning, the technology has been improved so they are now testing automatic offside signals to the assistant referee, which will mean that the number of goals that require a review will drop to a negligible level, taking away people's biggest gripe. In 5 years time we will be glad we persisted.

So hoping we smash Brentford and set them up to be knocked out by Swansea in playoff semi final. A final Vs Swansea would be best chance of going up right now.

I've just written the introduction to the match report (taking advantage of the kids not bothering me). One observation I had is that the tackling may be interesting to watch. Given there's a fair chance of meeting Brentford in the play-offs, would they be upset if Danjuma unfortunately got injured, or us upset if CCV accidentally put Toney into the stands and out for 'the season'. Even if it was unsubtle, with both teams virtually in the play-offs a red card would only rule the player out for the first leg of the semi-final.

I may be entirely over thinking this, but what are people views on whether there's more chance that defenders leave on on an attacker?

I've just written the introduction to the match report (taking advantage of the kids not bothering me). One observation I had is that the tackling may be interesting to watch. Given there's a fair chance of meeting Brentford in the play-offs, would they be upset if Danjuma unfortunately got injured, or us upset if CCV accidentally put Toney into the stands and out for 'the season'. Even if it was unsubtle, with both teams virtually in the play-offs a red card would only rule the player out for the first leg of the semi-final.

I may be entirely over thinking this, but what are people views on whether there's more chance that defenders leave on on an attacker?
That's certainly possible, but I'd like to think that both AFCB and Brentford would be above that sort of cynical carry-on.

I just have a lot of spare time during this pandemic (although not quite as much now as I am back at work)!

Basically been TV or computer for almost a year on and off.

And obviously we always seem to be in competition together in the league so there is some interest to reading your thoughts.

I mean if you win and we lose today ...
Come on Mark, come out of your AFCB closet. We know you want to, you know you want to, so come on and join us !

What I like about Woodgate is that he doesn’t make changes, consistent team every wee...

What I like about Woodgate is that he doesn’t make changes, consistent team every wee...

I came on the forum expecting this from you ;) ....but since we have already made the playoffs....do we HAVE to win this game? What would you prefer, win and have Pearson injured or lose and keep him fresh?

;