AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - Championship Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg

What a good move for the only goal of the game and the final ball fell to the right man to finish the move.

We win a corner and instead of trying for another goal we play around in the corner and lose it, personally don’t like that.

Brentford came back second half and had more shots on goal, but we had two less but 4 on target against their 1.

Good physiological advantage for us going for the second game on a win and not conceding, breaking Brentford’s run of wins and being undefeated.

We definitely played up to them, and were the better side for most of it. Happy to be up 1, not feeling comfortable but a good start. Worried about the injury to S. Cook, doesn't look likely for Saturday. Need Pearson. Smithy seemed to recover and had a good one. Stacey was very impressive, needs to start Saturday. Would be great to have Stan back, but that might be too much to hope for.

But, man, that was intense. I am exhausted, and I think I threw up in my mouth a couple of times.

First half best performance of the season. But imo we needed to really push on after scoring the first, we played it like it was three points at stake in a league game. Holding the ball in the corner when there are ninety minutes left to play? We had the advantage today in front of our own fans and it could be a fatal mistake not to capitalise on that fully. We looked better than them up until the goal, then we sat back.

Training over the next 4 days - practice defending the kitchen sink coming your way.

But good night's work & it's doable !

Up the cherries

Reactions: drd
Nonsensical to not try and score from the corners at the end when there's no points at stake and away goals don't mean more than home goals. You don't keep it in the corner before half time.

That's poor prep. They should have known what to do in that scenario before they went out.

;