AFC Bournemouth v Brighton - Sunday 2 pm

We were brilliant today - the referee was a joke and the lino - Brighton were pathetic, diving all the time, it was embarrassing, they are better than that?

Does anyone know why the ref and lino decided against giving us the corner which Semenyo earned?

I've heard we should have had 4 penalties today, VAR didn't even look at one incident. They were almost going for full nelsons on our players when defending corners, Dunks handball, Semenyo taken clean out and there was a big shout or 2 in the first half, they did show the replay on one of the appeals in the ground and that looked like a decent challenge on Dom, no doubt MOTD will show that and not the others.

Luckily for us, we were so superior to them that the shocking refereeing had very little impact.

Every player was excellent. Christie was on fire when he came on. Unal got better as the game went on. Dango more than stepped up, a very under rated player - I think moving him to left back is another master stroke like moving Christie into the double pivot. Kluivert was a nuisance again, all over them.

Brilliant performance. Gutted for Semenyo. hopefully it's not as bad as feared.

The one on Solanke could have been given, the three hand ball shouts from Dunk shouldn't be penalties though. But with the current handball law everything gets rightly shouted for as you never know what will happen on the VAR wheel of misfortune.

The one on Solanke could have been given, the three hand ball shouts from Dunk shouldn't be penalties though. But with the current handball law everything gets rightly shouted for as you never know what will happen on the VAR wheel of misfortune.
My feeling was that if the Solanke 'wrestle' had happened early in the game before all the various handball shouts, it gets given. The ref having turned down various penalty shouts during the game became entrenched in the view he wasn't going to give anything, if he could help it.

Reactions: DJ
TLDR of the stats.

Second lowest number for both touches and passes this season (after Burnley away)

Solanke’s average position was similar to Cook’s and Christie’s

Travers attempted most passes

Not as embarrassing as their "have you ever played in Europe have you fuck"

The highlighted bit sounded all cockney for some reason, very angry, Green Street style...decent laughable response from our lot.
I guess they do sound a bit cockney. That was my nickname given to me my grandfather after I was at a ‘special’ school near Brighton from the age of six!

;