AFC Bournemouth v Coventry City

And I’m not sure Parker is intelligent enough to be anything other than literal in all honesty, you only have to listen to the guy speak.[/QUOTE

Not sure intelligence and being articulate necessarily go hand in hand.

Nothing...I enjoyed it......matching other teams formations is a useful tactic for us in this league as man for man we just have better players....JT did it on numerous occasions last season......that's not to say we shouldn't prepare probably though.....we should approach every game with the same professionalism.

Is it possible that there was a delay in knowing whether Cahill could play, so because of that, SP opted for the back 5. But, there was limited time to work on the formation?

And yet Parker still would have played Cahill and Mepham if Cahill was fit.....and probably will do against Fulham....the reason we switched to that formation was because Cahill failed a fitness test......anyone would think that Cookie and Mepham had never played together.

They hadn't with SP tactics.

Is it possible that there was a delay in knowing whether Cahill could play, so because of that, SP opted for the back 5. But, there was limited time to work on the formation?

This idea has already been suggested and dismissed because it doesn’t suit. Plonk it on the shelf along with the fact that the new game plan did actually seemingly work…it’s not relevant to the point that’s being made.

Has there been any context added to that 15 minute new system quote? It's hard to take much from the soundbite alone, there could be any number of reasons for it. Apologies if I've missed some damning explanation.

After a rusty start it worked fairly well for periods. Hopefully we get some players back and can revert to our usual back 4 system soon, but that system might be something we keep in the back pocket for future situations.

I was talking to a customer at work last week and halfway through the conversation his assistant chimed in with a couple of comments. " take no notice of him he's only been here 2 minutes and he thinks he's running the place " said the customer.
His assistant has worked with him for over 2 years. Just a figure of speech.

Has there been any context added to that 15 minute new system quote? It's hard to take much from the soundbite alone, there could be any number of reasons for it. Apologies if I've missed some damning explanation.

After a rusty start it worked fairly well for periods. Hopefully we get some players back and can revert to our usual back 4 system soon, but that system might be something we keep in the back pocket for future situations.
You really are in the wrong place if you are after context and nuanced discussion.

Pick a side you snowflake,

;