AFC Bournemouth v Coventry City

billythekid

UTC Legend
Looking To Get Back To Winning Ways

The Cherries had their second away game against Millwall on Wednesday night, it finished 1-1. Solanke putting AFCB in the lead just before the half-time break and Afobe replied with the equaliser in the second half. Game of few chances, 8 shots by Millwall with 1 on target and AFCB with 9 shots and 3 on target. Now the Cherries return to home territory Dean Court on Saturday at 3 pm to play Coventry City who are 3 places and 9 points behind our club. AFCB will want to get back to the form they showed in their last game at Dean Court winning 4-0.

Mark Robins has been their manager since March 2017, last season his side finished in 16th position with 55 points, at the moment after 19 games they are in 5th Position with 32 points. His club have made a number of signings during the Summer transfer window, most of them permanent. He has got his side playing some attractive attacking football.

Coventry City’s strength has been in their home form this season and are second behind Fulham with the same number of points in the home table. P 10, W 7, D 2, L 1. Away from home it has been a different story, they have beaten both Blackpool and Hull City 0-1. Drawn 1-1 with Millwall, 2-2 at Blackburn Rovers and 0-0 against Sheffield United. They have lost 1-0 at Barnsley, 2-0 at QPR, their heaviest defeat this season 5-0 against Luton Town and 2-1 at Preston. Their latest game was at home on Tuesday night against Birmingham City, which finished 0-0.

Our last home game against Coventry City was in April, AFCB won 4-1, our goals coming from Danjuma with a brace, Brooks and Solanke. This was the fourth win in that 7 run of wins in the league.

AFCB league results at home against Coventry City have resulted in W 10, D 7, L 6.
All competitions, AFCB have W 18, D 10, L 23.

AFCB Team News
Philip Billing will be available for selection again after serving his one match suspension. Probably too soon for news on our injured players and any from the Millwall game, re Saturday.

AFCB Player To Watch
Although nobody in our side stood out against Millwall, you just can’t look past Dominic Solanke this season, 15 goals in 19 league games (10 goals at Dean Court), including 8 goals in the last 7 games home and away.

Coventry City Team News
Jake Clarke-Salter and Martyn Waghorn are injured.

Coventry City Player To Watch
Callum O’Hare is an important player for them in midfield, leads with 3 assists, broke his goalscoring duck recently with a goal at home against Bristol City. Their leading scorer is the Swede, Victor Gyokeres with 9 goals and 2 assists. He had a goalscoring spell in September up to the beginning of October where he scored 7 goals in 6 games, since then he has had a barren spell of 8 games without a goal. Matt Godden has scored 5 goals in his last 7 games. Gustavo Hamer had a good game against Birmingham City in midfield and was MOM.

The Referee
The referee is David Coote, this season so far he has only been in charge of Premier League games. The last time we had him was in the Premier League 2018-19 season. Our home games with Watford and Fulham.

Parker didn’t sound hopeful after yesterday’s game that the injured players would be ready for Coventry

I wasn’t unduly worried by Derby and millwall outcomes, thought they would be tough games. However need to beat a Coventry side that are up high in the table due to their home form

Parker didn’t sound hopeful after yesterday’s game that the injured players would be ready for Coventry

I wasn’t unduly worried by Derby and millwall outcomes, thought they would be tough games. However need to beat a Coventry side that are up high in the table due to their home form

To be fair we just need to get 3 points back on the board as you can visibly see the lads are a down atm form recent results/performances... 4 points from 12 with a LWLD is not the form they're used to seeing... Another W in that run of games is a must on Saturday, for confidence if nowt else...

The bend on their (Plymouth's) second (I think) goal that was shot from midway in our half was incredible... The shot was going 'well' wide and then just got blown back and just inside the post...

The bend on their (Plymouth's) second (I think) goal that was shot from midway in our half was incredible... The shot was going 'well' wide and then just got blown back and just inside the post...
About 4 mins 30 secs in . Their first wasn't bad either about a 45 yarder.

Their leading scorer is the Swede, Victor Gyokeres with 9 goals and 2 assists. He had a goalscoring spell in September up to the beginning of October where he scored 7 goals in 6 games, since then he has had a barren spell of 8 games without a goal.

Well, we know what happens at Dean Court. I remember a similar situation when we played Liverpool, Mo Salah hadn't scored for a while. He scored twice.

Remember that. Plymouth were a very good side back then. Think they went up that season to the Champ and threatened the playoffs for a period, before the wheels came off.

Updated team news.

Parker admitted the past ten days had been “disappointing” in terms of injuries but also said there had been “some slight improvements”.

He said he would make a “late call” on stand-in skipper Gary Cahill who took a heavy blow to the midriff during the 1-1 draw at Millwall on Wednesday.

Parker said: “It’s a bit of a busy treatment room and we’re having to adapt to that.

“Gary got a bang late on and is in a bit of pain at the moment. We’ll make a late call on that to see exactly how he is, but I’m hoping he’ll be okay for tomorrow.

“Ben Pearson and Robbie Brady both have grade one issues which are between seven, ten and 14 days so we’re just in that tricky situation where we are a bit light but, at the same time, I don’t want to put the players at risk.

“Lloyd Kelly is probably ahead of Jordan Zemura. He’s progressing well and is not too far away. Jordan’s probably a little bit longer than that, he’s a few weeks away from being with us.

“Adam Smith has been a little bit stop-start but I think he’s getting through that side of it so, hopefully, in the coming weeks, he’ll be back as well.”

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/team-news-updates-on-cahill-kelly-and-co/

OPPOSITION PREVIEW - We talk to Mark Sephton - author, mentor to entrepreneurs, personal development coach and Coventry City fan about the game, his books, business and The Apprentice.

Watch it here -

;