AFC Bournemouth v Fulham - 5 Games To Go

I’m only referring to one part. Cook marked Mitrovic out of the game up there, he wouldn’t have got outjumped as pathetically as Phillips was and didn’t when marking him. The Fulham chances and goal were not down to Cook. He is a better player than Phillips.

They were my points. At no time did i say Fulham had no chances at the Cottage nor that Cook had a faultless career!

I think there's a very good chance Phillips is a better player, or at least has tge potential to go further.

He's 24 iirc. You dont get retained by Liverpool for that long if you aren't any good, or have potential.

Just having a read through the programme. They mentioned Harry Arter and Sean O'Driscoll as playing for both clubs.

Being ancient I'm sure Jon Evanson came from Fulham too? And Alec Stock managed us both. But I'm sure there must have been other connections?

Don't forget Adam Green at left back... :D

If I recall correctly, Cook got beaten to a header by Mitro in the reverse fixture and Travers made a worldie (and the guy missed the follow up in to the side netting).

Doesn't take away from the point that Phillips signing and letting Cook go remains an odd decision as I don't think it's particularly an upgrade. Phillips is growing in confidence though and looked excellent yesterday.
I don't think Phillips is any better than Cook right now, but he's not worse in any particular way, a sidegrade rather than an upgrade or downgrade. However, much as we love Cookie, he is nearing the end of his career while Phillips is young with likely a higher ceiling to improve to. To give a favorable interpretation, his loan over using Cookie was with an eye toward who will fill Cook's role for the next 5 years.

I think there's a very good chance Phillips is a better player, or at least has tge potential to go further.

He's 24 iirc.
Just having a read through the programme. They mentioned Harry Arter and Sean O'Driscoll as playing for both clubs.

Being ancient I'm sure Jon Evanson came from Fulham too? And Alec Stock managed us both. But I'm sure there must have been other connections?
As well as the others mentioned Peter Scott

Usually like watching the alternate angle and highlights with Solent commentary and can’t see anything on YouTube or afcbtv for the Fulham game? Just highlights of about 2 mins. Anyone know where I can watch?

Usually like watching the alternate angle and highlights with Solent commentary and can’t see anything on YouTube or afcbtv for the Fulham game? Just highlights of about 2 mins. Anyone know where I can watch?
Normally the alternative highlights videos are an extended highlights. My guess is that they just didn’t bother this week as aside from the goal there weren’t really any highlights.

Evanston did indeed. Then there’s John Beck, George Best, Gerry Peyton to name but 3

344ea5055fdfb8679862f81c7dcc4028.jpg

I'm still not convinced the ball was totally over the line,
the blue line that determines whether it is over or not was not straight,
it seems to be off line on the far post.
But who knows and it's given now. we carry on.
I couldn’t get to the game on Saturday so was watching it on a stream. This was the pic they first put up about a minute after the ‘goal’ was given. It was then about 15 minutes later that they put up he other pic showing that the ball had crossed the line by 2 or 3mm. Someone, somewhere had done something manual to alter the image - Hawkeye is Hawkeye, you cannot change the view of fixed cameras!

;